Competition cancelled half way through because of weather. Position re WHS

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Our Competition started today and 39 out of 130 approx finished 18 holes 11 entered scores which were N/R before the Competition was 'blocked'.My score had not been entered but I put my card in the Competitions box. I had completed 11 holes and my understanding is that it would count for H/c purposes with the remaining 7 holes classed as Bogey.

It looks like the competition has now been closed.

If anyone is able to provide clarification it would be appreciated. I want my score to count.

NearHull

Visit site
Our Terms of Competition

Scores from an abandoned competition will count for handicap calculation subject to the minimum number of holes being played.

I’m unsure whether this is a copy from the Rules of Handicap.

D-S

Visit site
It should count as more than the minimum 10 holes have been completed. It will be upscaled to an 18 hole score using the ‘secret’ expected score algorithm.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It should count as more than the minimum 10 holes have been completed. It will be upscaled to an 18 hole score using the ‘secret’ expected score algorithm.
This was what I thought. 2 of my friends who are on the Handicap Committee played 10 holes, had an NR but they both have a score differential. They came off after 10, our Group after 11. I was around 15 minutes later and could not enter my score. I did not have an NR but they did.

Whilst my score was not brilliant I still want it entering.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Quote your handicap sec

Guidance on the rules of handicapping

G5.6 (2) Scores And PCC Calculation Returned In Abandoned Competitions
Scores returned from an abandoned competition will be entered into a player’s handicap record as usual, with Holes Not Started and Holes Not Completed identified. If it is decided to calculate a separate PCC for rounds played for part of the day, then the committee will use the software provided to indicate which scores are to be included. The Handicap Index calculation for those players will utilize the separate PCC rather than the PCC for the day.