Comp T's & C's

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Can Comp T's & C's include the requirement that cards can be requested to be returned by a photo through email?
OR should there always be the option of placing it in a Comp Box?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Can Comp T's & C's include the requirement that cards can be requested to be returned by a photo through email?
OR should there always be the option of placing it in a Comp Box?

Given there are probably a number of players that do not have a smart phone (even if it is just one) or a computer (I know at least one in the swindle I run) that does not how can it be a requirement to supply a photo.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
I would go along with that if I could hand my signed card to the organiser who set those conditions for him to photograph and send an email to himself.

Alternatively I would ask the organiser to supply me with an electronic device at the same time as I am given my card in order to be able to do as requested.

LizAig

Visit site
If they want to rely on technology for returning score cards (eg taking photo on smart phone) then why not just rely on an app where a photo isn’t needed - eg Club V1 or IG?

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Given there are probably a number of players that do not have a smart phone (even if it is just one) or a computer (I know at least one in the swindle I run) that does not how can it be a requirement to supply a photo.
I would go along with that if I could hand my signed card to the organiser who set those conditions for him to photograph and send an email to himself.

Alternatively I would ask the organiser to supply me with an electronic device at the same time as I am given my card in order to be able to do as requested.
Easily solved as they hand it to the Pro-Shop who send a copy in..... simples

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Easily solved as they hand it to the Pro-Shop who send a copy in..... simples
We tee off at 4.30pm the pro shop closes at 6pm.!

we put our scores on IG and upload a photo.
if you don’t upload a photo your DQ.
They even quote the rule number that states you can’t be DQ for not doing it.
go figure.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Didn’t”r people have to do this during COVID?
No.
We marked our own cards, playing partner had to view at the end, then shoved them in a box.
Cards were all entered electronically be someone wearing full PPE - maybe not full.

Flagsticks and rakes were deemed very dangerous, scorecards mildly dangerous, but door-handles were not deemed dangerous - seemed odd to me that one.

D-S

Visit site
No.
We marked our own cards, playing partner had to view at the end, then shoved them in a box.
Cards were all entered electronically be someone wearing full PPE - maybe not full.

Flagsticks and rakes were deemed very dangerous, scorecards mildly dangerous, but door-handles were not deemed dangerous - seemed odd to me that one.
Thanks, fortunately I can’t remember the exact details of the various iterations of COVID protocol - it seems a long time ago now. Certainly agree with the door handle thing but it was blasphemy to mention it at the time.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

go figure.
Somebody needs to bring to the attention of your club

R&A Rules Committee Procedures

Rule 5 (5)

It is quite long but here is the appropriate extract

Similarly, the Committee may request that players assist the Committee by entering their scores into a computer system at the end of the round, but there is no penalty under the Rules of Golf if the player fails to comply with this request or makes a mistake in doing so.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site

go figure.
Was it 5.5 by any chance?

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
No cards are accepted anymore.
if you don’t send a photo your DQ ? That’s not allowed it’s a TOC not a rule of golf.
Yes, the reference to 3.3b is confusing and erroneous.

The words 3.3b - No Score (or scorecard photo) returned imply that a photo is not the only method of returning scores

3.3b and Committee Procedures 5A explicitly mention Scorecards.

Last edited: