Come back Herr Vogts all is forgiven....

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We could do a lot worse than promoting Billy Stark from the U21s, he has a good record with the younger players and really seems to get the best out of them. He will already know a few of the younger guys in the senior team and obviously knows a lot about the guys who will be our future.

I just hope its not one of the names being banded about, none of them would fill me with any confidence for the short term future.

Iaing

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I know that he's got a long contract at Everton but Davie Moyes would fit the bill for me.
After the Vogts fiasco I don't think that the SFA will go for another foreign manager. And, rightly or wrongly the tartan army won't accept an English manager.

Atticus_Finch

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Graham?? What makes you want him AF?

I think I am right in saying he's nearer a wooden box than a comeback to football management.

I want him because he's been successful and a born winner. Also, I feel the next manager should be someone over 50 who's not going to bugger off to the first team that offers him a job. The national team manager's position should not be a stepping stone to a better job.
Can you imagine playing for Scotland and not having one of your better 1st halves and looking over to the bench to see Graham and Jaws glowering back at you? That would make me try a little harder anyway.
We need a no nonsense manager who can stop us losing goals first and foremost. Make us hard to beat. That's when we've been most successful in the past and there's no better than Graham in my opinion.

Oh, and he's about 6 years younger than Giovanni Trapattoni.

colint

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I agree is should be someone more established, if Levein gets it and does a good job then sooner or later he'll get an off from the english PL and be off. I would have said Walter again but Graham could be good, bring in a younger manager to work with them and groom them for the position.

If you've got limited players, then getting them organised and passionate again is the key, walter and graham could do that imho

iwtuk

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Graham?? What makes you want him AF?

I think I am right in saying he's nearer a wooden box than a comeback to football management.

I want him because he's been successful and a born winner. Also, I feel the next manager should be someone over 50 who's not going to bugger off to the first team that offers him a job. The national team manager's position should not be a stepping stone to a better job.
Can you imagine playing for Scotland and not having one of your better 1st halves and looking over to the bench to see Graham and Jaws glowering back at you? That would make me try a little harder anyway.
We need a no nonsense manager who can stop us losing goals first and foremost. Make us hard to beat. That's when we've been most successful in the past and there's no better than Graham in my opinion.

Oh, and he's about 6 years younger than Giovanni Trapattoni.

I heard Graham interviewed on TalkSport about 2 weeks ago, and he said that he feels he's done everything he can as a coach and that it would take "something special" to bring him back into the game...maybe this is the thing to change his mind?

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
I agree is should be someone more established, if Levein gets it and does a good job then sooner or later he'll get an off from the english PL and be off. I would have said Walter again but Graham could be good, bring in a younger manager to work with them and groom them for the position.

If you've got limited players, then getting them organised and passionate again is the key, walter and graham could do that imho

from what's been said of the money on offer you'll need a new series of the Apprentice to find a younger manager cheap enough to groom!

daftscotsman

Club Champion
www.sportsplates.co.uk
Totally agree with Craig Burley! The players were "TOO THICK" to take on board the directions...

Then you get idiots like Lee McCulloch who wouldn't come out of international retirement, even if Burley got sacked... When did he become such an 'Important' player for Scotland?, just another NUMPTY with an over-rated view of himself...

Who would want the job?

Levein, Jeffries? WTF? Need a manager that players respect otherwise, we will be repeating this shambolic period again!

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
You do need to find more money then. £300k won't get you any one the players will respect. Most of them earn this in a month, and any one willing to give up a top job for 300k is daft, and lacking in experience.

DMC

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
walter would be a good choice,he steadied the ship once he could do so again. My bet would be Calderwood,no compensation needed to get him,that woud appeal to the SFA and there way of thinking.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I see from Sky SPorts John Collins has shown an interst. He did OK at Fulham as number two to Tigana and was certainly a decent player in his time for the Scots. Not sure what he was like when he managed Hibs but I'm guessing pretty middle of the road.

He has European experience as a player which I guess is a plus and as I say learned about European style management with Tigana. Not a big name and not anyone who has set the world alight but given the salary figure being bandied about not a bad man at that price

colint

Tour Rookie
Visit site
There were some rumours that Collins was a bit confrontational at Hibs. Apparently he used to do a few things to prove he was fitter than some of the players, which I suppose was supposed to set the standard, but the word is it just got the players backs up. I think someone established and who could command instant respect would be a better bet

Gustavo

Head Pro
Visit site
What a fu##ing shambles.

You just have to look at the dugoot to see what a joke my national side has become....Burley = a drunk that has done nothing of note for years as a coach,Hegarty = has done nothing ever as a coach,Englishman Butcher who has failed everywhere he has coached and is English,Pressley = has done nothing as a player or a coach.....SFA do the right thing and get rid of these jokers and get Souness in as the gaffer.

* Playing players out position
* Leaving out good on from players
* Players will pull out with little hesitation
* leaving out players next game after they play fairly well
* 4 players no longer playing for Scotland who should be........

says it all about this idiot.

Yes we may be a poor team anyways but for fecks sake this is Wales U21's we are playing.....Burley get tae feck! :mad: :mad:

And to think some of you lot believe Rangers and Celtic should walk straight into the Premiership. What a joke.

Watching SKY Sports after the game there were Scottish fans saying they'd just been stuffed by a Wales team that's the equivalent of a pub team. Well what does that make you then ?

Unfortunately it seems the vast majority of Scottish fans are deluded into thinking they have the potential to be a force in International football.

Like Wales, you never will be.