Club membership interview.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
It is a private club so I understand that they are a little poncy about who they let join, but I do know some of the current member so I also know there not that choosy! ha ha.

Careful sunshine, the application is still on the noticeboard and I could do a first!

Object to a new member joining that I have proposed - now that would be interesting!

lucan

Club Champion
Visit site
i hope the ashford is not ashford manor golf club !.
the members there are living in the dark ages i heard of someone who went for a interview there who was a bit nervous so he had a quick drink at the bar first at the interview the commitee claimed his voice was slurred so refused his application

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
the members there are living in the dark ages i heard of someone who went for a interview there who was a bit nervous so he had a quick drink at the bar first at the interview the commitee claimed his voice was slurred so refused his application

yeah but after a whole bottle of scotch wouldnt you be a but slurred

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site

I think you have that the wrong way round - didn't spend enough at the bar and voice wasn't slurred...

A1ex

Head Pro
Visit site
This is common at any decent club. You don't want anyone just walking in to a quality club without passing a few tests.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
the members there are living in the dark ages

Bunch of old fuddies and a mediocre (at best), flat course.

Unfortunately, little/no competition in that area, so appears to be able to stay that way - which may/may not be a good thing as it keeps them all in 1 place!