Clicgear 3.0, icart one or something else...recommendations please!

S

Snelly

Clicgear are great. I have one and cannot fault it. Beautifully designed and superbly engineered.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Update - the Clicgear fits, somewhat snug but it goes in! It did seem a bit of a faff to put up and take down again though? It seems very robust and gets great reviews here and everywhere it seems. The new Motocaddy is due in very soon so want to see that and how easy it fits.

Anyone use a Motocaddy push and have favourable or otherwise comments?

S

Snelly

Update - the Clicgear fits, somewhat snug but it goes in! It did seem a bit of a faff to put up and take down again though? It seems very robust and gets great reviews here and everywhere it seems. ?

Once you get used to it, it goes up and down in no time at all.

Visit site
Kind of keen to stay away from electrics as had one before and the push trolley just more convenient. No forgetting to charge it :eek:

I had an electric for couple months and got rid of it for same reason.

Have you looked at big max iq lightweight trolley ? I done a bit of research for same reasons as yourself (was driving a Honda jazz so lack of boot space ) looked at the clicgear trolleys too but the big max iq was smaller when folded. It folds down into small cube shape, so will depend on the depth of your boot rather than length.

My girlfriend knew I'd been looking at the big max trolley and got me one for my Xmas . It looks the part and simple to put up and down but I can't comment on performance cos I've been carrying thru winter and I've also changed my car to a Quasqai so boot space is not an issue any more :eek: . Just tried Trolley in my boot and it looks tiny compared to the space that the electric one was taking up. Oh, and wheels come off easily if you really need to.

Hope this helps

malek988

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I have the clicgear 3.0 Amanda, I'm fitting it and a cart bag into a boot of an Astra, the trolley itself is really sturdy and the net holder below the handle is a very handy idea, I would recommend buying the umbrella holder that you can move and lock in position, it does come with a standard one but the moveable one allows you to position your umbrella not just in the vertical, hope this helps😊

100% on the adjustable brolly its a god send!

Once you get used to it, it goes up and down in no time at all.

ive had mine a year now, gets some attention at the course, but when i 1st got it, it seemed like a chore putting it up n down, now its a doddle.

it holds my powakaddy bag, 14 clubs and a ton of crap, bag weights a ton but the trolly travels as if there was nothing in it

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks guys. The Big Max IQ looks really nice but is a bit wider and deeper than the clicgear. Only a couple of cms but it's already a snug fit!

Sounds like the Clicgear has some realy quality which is important as I play a heap of golf so it needs to be man enough for the job :)

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Does anyone know when the Motocaddy M1 Lite is going to be available in shops? I've seen it for sale online, but I'd quite like to see it in the flesh and be able to compare it against the competition e.g. size etc.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Going back to your original question, Amanda, wouldn't the Big Max Blade be ideal for you?

Sounds like it's the height of your boot that is the problem rather than the floor space? The blade goes completely flat and then you're bag could go over it? Unless I've misunderstood he dimensions of your boot!

It's expensive though, which is why I'm currently leaning towards the M1 Lite, if only I could find one to have a look at somewhere....

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Going back to your original question, Amanda, wouldn't the Big Max Blade be ideal for you?

Sounds like it's the height of your boot that is the problem rather than the floor space? The blade goes completely flat and then you're bag could go over it? Unless I've misunderstood he dimensions of your boot!

It's expensive though, which is why I'm currently leaning towards the M1 Lite, if only I could find one to have a look at somewhere....

Our pro shop had a delivery booked for 2nd March and now being told a week or so for the Motocaddy. The boot won't take my Sun Mountain across the boot width if that makes sense (rear light to rear light!) and won't take the Stewart HID has in terms of depth (front to back) unless I take the wheels off. The Clicgear fits fine across the width, just in terms of depth but very tight in terms of boot height so was careful to shut the boot lid in case it dented it!

It's snug but perfectly formed is my boot :)

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Our pro shop had a delivery booked for 2nd March and now being told a week or so for the Motocaddy. The boot won't take my Sun Mountain across the boot width if that makes sense (rear light to rear light!) and won't take the Stewart HID has in terms of depth (front to back) unless I take the wheels off. The Clicgear fits fine across the width, just in terms of depth but very tight in terms of boot height so was careful to shut the boot lid in case it dented it!

It's snug but perfectly formed is my boot :)

Is the blade too deep?

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It really is a lot for a push trolley!

Although my car boot isn't as small as yours, space is at a premium. The fold flat element is appealing, but if the M1 Lite fits comfortably then I'm not going to pay an extra £100! Especially as I think the M1 comes with the accesory brackets whereas you have to buy them separately for a lot of others - although I could be wrong.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ok so I need a new trolley as my pink beauty won't fit in my new beautiful car! The pro shop has the Clicgear 3.0 and also the Masters iCart so plan to see if either fit tomorrow.

Any recommendations on either or something else that folds down teeny weeny?!

As an aside, played a mixed match yesterday and opponent was physio at Arsenal FC for many years pre-retirement. Gave me a scathing telling off about carrying being bad for backs and "a lady should never carry" - made me chuckle :mmm:

Stewart Z3 is the best on the market , folds small wheels do come off easy ,does not look like a pram . you get what you pay for as they are not cheap but quality

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
I had an electric for couple months and got rid of it for same reason.

Have you looked at big max iq lightweight trolley ? I done a bit of research for same reasons as yourself (was driving a Honda jazz so lack of boot space ) looked at the clicgear trolleys too but the big max iq was smaller when folded. It folds down into small cube shape, so will depend on the depth of your boot rather than length.

My girlfriend knew I'd been looking at the big max trolley and got me one for my Xmas . It looks the part and simple to put up and down but I can't comment on performance cos I've been carrying thru winter and I've also changed my car to a Quasqai so boot space is not an issue any more :eek: . Just tried Trolley in my boot and it looks tiny compared to the space that the electric one was taking up. Oh, and wheels come off easily if you really need to.

Hope this helps

A Honda Jazz boot is like a bottomless pit in comparison to an MX-5 boot! Mrs BiM's swallowed a Micro Cart and a Micro Cart Bag with no problem at all.

Last edited:

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Update - the pink trolley DOES fit :eek: So, when I tried, it was the first day of ownng my new shiney car so I was very careful and didn't want to scratch anything!! HID and I just (carefully!) checked his Stewart Z3 which fitted "just" but more easily with a wheel detached. So we then tried my Sun Mountain out of its huge bag and it goes in as long as the handle end is pushed in first with the trolley upright and then the wheel end follows. I recall when I had my previous MX they said for the Japanese market they built recesses into the boot to take golf clubs. Well that wasn't great as you had to tip the bag in (upright) to push it into the recess and getting them out meant all the clubs fell out! So it's a snug fit but a fit all the same and have bought a Speed Cart specific bag which will make life easier and also take the worry out about scratching the inside of the boot!

£29.75 for a bag which is pricey but saved a fortune on a new trolley :thup: