Cleaning your clubs. Keeping them good. THOUGHTS? Suggestions

taigaboy

Visit site
Have played golf for a number of years and have put up with the masters 3in1 combo cleaning tool and a number of variation with no success. The bristles bend and fray after a short while and become useless. Can anyone recommend a tried and tested option for on course cleaning, with a brush that works well at getting in the grooves or groves of my iron.

Cheers

Last edited:

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I played in the H4H day at Blackmoor last October. Came home, dumped the clubs in the shed and haven't even looked at them since. Next planned game is at West Hill on the 22nd February. I will most probably spit on them on the first tee and give them a rub with my bag towel on the day.

Fader

Tour Winner
Visit site
Tip I was given by pro when I first started was use 2 towels on your bag, 1 towel being wet which softens the dirt and debris and then a dry towel cleans and drys all the crap out.

Works perfectly and no need for a groove cleaner on course as long as you have a sent towel the fibres get in the grooves. To save having 2 towels though just use one with a wet and dry end. Works for me nicely.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
I clean mine after every shot and after every round.

When I get in it's a bucket of soapy water and a sponge. Do yo the grips once a month (.... Or so) and give them a blast of AC-90, again, about once a month.

This is them after their last clean.

2C08158D-F67B-4A46-AAED-18E4BA19A5B0-1472-000000B79C0E83CB.jpg

Not bad considering their age and how often they get used :thup:

MashieNiblick

Tour Winner
Visit site
Tip I was given by pro when I first started was use 2 towels on your bag, 1 towel being wet which softens the dirt and debris and then a dry towel cleans and drys all the crap out.

Works perfectly and no need for a groove cleaner on course as long as you have a sent towel the fibres get in the grooves. To save having 2 towels though just use one with a wet and dry end. Works for me nicely.

This for me too. Plus tee peg if required.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site

When I get in it's a bucket of soapy water and a sponge. Do yo the grips once a month (.... Or so) and give them a blast of AC-90, again, about once a month.

Can someone keep a count of how many times Gareth uses this pic or a similar one this year please........:thup::clap:

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Can someone keep a count of how many times Gareth uses this pic or a similar one this year please........:thup::clap:

Do you notice that he doesn't show the grooves though! No point in showing how polished the back of your clubs are if the faces are still filfthy!

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
1 towel, wet the bottom (towel not mine:smirk:) and dry at the top, simple effective and quick!

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
in the bath after me. it takes next to no time at all. worth it so i can have spotless clubs when im swinging them around the house trying not to break stuff during the week.

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
The best tool for club cleaning bar none is a wife, granted they are flippin expensive and nag like buggery but my clubs are lovely after she works her magic on them after every round. Get one they are brill.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
The best tool for club cleaning bar none is a wife, granted they are flippin expensive and nag like buggery but my clubs are lovely after she works her magic on them after every round. Get one they are brill.

Funnily enough, when I had a wife my clubs never had the chance to get dirty as there was always other things to do rather than play golf! It is only since getting rid of said wife that I now have the time to play. :thup:

kev_off_the_tee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

what he said, but I'm a cheapskate and use wd40

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
HID tends to clean them after most rounds (heads) and does them top and bottom once a month. On the course I just use spit, a wipe with the towel and use a tee if there is still debris in there. Go gimmicks.