Cleaning Headcovers

HRC99

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As part of a bit of a spring clean, I was wondering if anyone had put their headcovers in the washing machine?

Mine are filthy and just wondered if anyone had put them in the washer.

T

thecraw

My wife does stupid things when I bring my clubs into the house. She takes the towel off it and washes it!

Disappears for days on end and I usually dont even notice till I go to wipe down my club on the first fairway! DOH!

My clothes lie in the ironing basket for weeks with the tort you know where the iron is, yet she can wash a bloody golf towel.!!!!

Wumin!

HRC99

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Being a modern man and doing my own washing, I have now successfully washed a Ping G2, Ping G10 and Taylor Made Rescue head cover without side effects.

Well, apart from now being clean rather than filthy.

They also took a quick spin in the tumble dryer and seemed to have fun in there too.

HRC99

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I wouldn't trust my missus with cleaning my gear. I want it doing right so I do it myself.

That may well have been part of the decision to do it myself. The row that would have ensued when she handed back my G2 driver cover shrunk so that it wouldn't fit a hybrid was worth avoiding.

gjbike

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I wouldn't trust my missus with cleaning my gear. I want it doing right so I do it myself.

If you can’t trust her to wash a couple of headcovers I suggest that you get a better model

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site

If you can’t trust her to wash a couple of headcovers I suggest that you get a better model
Women tend to be slapdash when it comes to cleaning golf stuff. She never gets all the muck out of the grooves.

HRC99

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Women tend to be slapdash when it comes to cleaning golf stuff. She never gets all the muck out of the grooves.

I use her toothbrush for the really tricky stuff in the grooves. Well, I'm not going to use mine! :D