Christmas Golf

Severiano798488

Club Champion
Visit site
The holidays are almost upon us and plenty of us will be enjoying a valuable few days off. Normally a perfect opportunity to play a round or two, but the Xmas period is often a busy time for family and friends.

Golf offers the perfect escape route from the mother-in-law, but is it easy to justify at a time when we should be playing with the kids and helping out around the house? How much golf do you think you'll be able to get away with? I'm hoping for two rounds, but may have to settle for one in order to keep the peace. This is where the Xmas sales are a valuable tool - pack them off to the shops and sneak away to the course. It might cost you a few quid though....

Any other crafty angles/excuses to present to the other half?

PaulOHagan

GM Staff
Visit site
HaHa I hope your Mrs doesn't check golf monthly forums Severiano or you'll be in serious trouble!!

Christmas eve is always kept free for an annual game with the boys followed by a few lagers. If i ever get golf kit for Christmas i cant wait to get out and try it- although saying that there is always a few shocking golf gifts from none golfers that never leave their packet!

Trueblue

Head Pro
Visit site
Try and convince those not keen that a good walk on Boxing Day is a great way to lose those extra pounds that must have been piling up...after a few holes in the biting wind you are bound to be left free to take your time over the next 15!!

Give yourself a round of golf as a present perhaps?!

Dave3498

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I sympathise with those who are forced to take chunks of their annual holiday at Christmas, only to sit watching the awful weather and the equally awful holiday TV. The course is closed or on temporary tees and greens. Is it worth venturing out?

Trueblue

Head Pro
Visit site
Links golf is the key if you can get it - anytime, any weather, it's great!

But if not I agree - temporary greens are not really the way forward, especially if it's raining!