Chart Hills: Not all that!

Pjwgov

Hacker
Visit site
Visited Chart Hills yesterday to watch an old club mate play in the Clutch Pro golf tour. Walked the front nine and was underwhelmed by the general condition, considering how much has been spent. It is a lovely layout and with the rough up, a very hard test of golf, however at £100 pp I won't be booking atm.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
It's always been 'overpriced' imo, even/especially when it first opened (£72?). Faldo was a bit possesive about allowing his name to be associated with it at one stage - though, from ancient memory, that was about proposed changes. We preferred Crowborough Beacons at less than half the price!
Shame it has slipped back into being in underwhelming condition.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Visited Chart Hills yesterday to watch an old club mate play in the Clutch Pro golf tour. Walked the front nine and was underwhelmed by the general condition, considering how much has been spent. It is a lovely layout and with the rough up, a very hard test of golf, however at £100 pp I won't be booking atm.

Could you be a bit more specific about the conditioning issues?

I had assumed it would be doing well by now given all the work. Is it just slow recovery from work given the dry April? Or something more fundamental?

Pjwgov

Hacker
Visit site
Could you be a bit more specific about the conditioning issues?

I had assumed it would be doing well by now given all the work. Is it just slow recovery from work given the dry April? Or something more fundamental?
Very dry, and patchy (fairways and 1st cut)in places considering the work. Also rabbits have taken a liking to the fairways. MY opinion is purely based on the amount they are charging.