Celtic - lucky or not!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
They should beat Haribo or whatever they're called but really can't see them doing anything in the groups given current form. Hope as a fan of all British teams in Europe, I'm wrong but can't see it at the moment

SS2

Tour Rookie
scoresaver.co.uk
Ah, the the debt called in. At least they, St Mirren, waited a while so as to avoid any doubt or unnecessary conspiracy theories. Long time after 3rd of May ;)

Conspiracy theories? These only exist in the minds of deranged East Coasters. I was in Paisley that day and can confirm that no brown enevlopes travelled from the East End of Glasgow to God's Own Country of Paisley...

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Powers that be had to lay down a marker that they are going to stick by ,

Lets be honest tho it is a rather silly rule that insists you must list your player that is suspended in your match day squad , despite the fact he cannot play

In ordinary EPL/SPL keague gameif a player gets sent off and3 match ban does he have to be listed in the match day squad to serve his suspension does anyone know ?

Silly Silly rule , but its the rules

OP as they say in Ireland steeped lucky ..

Last edited:

scottbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
They should beat Haribo or whatever they're called but really can't see them doing anything in the groups given current form. Hope as a fan of all British teams in Europe, I'm wrong but can't see it at the moment

Don't think they will be the walk over you think.
They were in the same group as wigan last year. Wigan beat them at home and lost away. And I certainly wouldn't say Celtic are a better team than wigan. Spl is a pub league these days

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Don't think they will be the walk over you think.
They were in the same group as wigan last year. Wigan beat them at home and lost away. And I certainly wouldn't say Celtic are a better team than wigan. Spl is a pub league these days

daft post
By your reasoning if Celtic go through Wigan are lower than a pub team but playing in the EPL/ Chumps and qualifing for Europe.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Feel sorry for Henning Berg, looks like he had the makings of a decent side there, then again beating Celtic in Europe ain't no biggie I guess ;)
Makes you wonder how the heck they didn't realise he wasn't eligible to play! Dodgy or just a pure mistake?

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
OK for the wise guys knocking Celtics CL record..........list the teams in England/Wales who have had a better one over the last three years.

Without looking I know for a fact that both Manu and Arsenal reached the "round of 16" in 11/12 &12/13, whereas Celtic reached the 2nd round both years

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
OK for the wise guys knocking Celtics CL record..........list the teams in England/Wales who have had a better one over the last three years.

Are you for real? 3 English teams progressed further than Celtic last year alone. Arsenal and Man Untd made the last 16 and Chelsea were Semi Finalists.
In 2012/13 they made the same round as the English teams (losing 5-0 on agg to Juve) and in 2011/12 (covering your 3 year period) Arsenal and Chelsea made the last 16 where Celtic didn't, Chelsea going on to win it.

Please tell me I have missed something in your original question/statement... I seriously hope I have otherwise thats the most nonsensical thing I have read on here, and thats saying something.

Last edited:

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com
They were so badly battered they should have declined to be put back in it was an embarrassment, should have both been out

But then it was a ridiculous error by Warsaw that they deserve to be punished absolute schoolboy stuff

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Are you for real? 3 English teams progressed further than Celtic last year alone. Arsenal and Man Untd made the last 16 and Chelsea were Semi Finalists.
In 2012/13 they made the same round as the English teams (losing 5-0 on agg to Juve) and in 2011/12 (covering your 3 year period) Arsenal and Chelsea made the last 16 where Celtic didn't, Chelsea going on to win it.

Please tell me I have missed something in your original question/statement... I seriously hope I have otherwise thats the most nonsensical thing I have read on here, and thats saying something.

So only three teams Arsenal, Chelsea and ManU have a better record than Celtic.
I would imagine that Celtic have won more games in the last 3 years than any English club due to the biased system of qualifying.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
I would imagine that Celtic have won more games in the last 3 years than any English club due to the biased system of qualifying.

With all due respect Doon, you ain't comparing like with like.

Would you like to introduce a handicapping system :) :)

D

Deleted member 15344

Well seeing as only 4 teams from the EPL can qualify each year it's quite clear why it's only three

What are you trying to suggest ?

D

Deleted member 15344

If the EPL sides had to go through the same qualifying process as Celtic how many would make the CL League last 16?

More than likely all 4 of them but certainly 3 of them

Again what are you trying to suggest