Carry Bags - Your choices please

MizunoGreyhound

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Afternoon all,

For help and advice, I knew where to come :)

My original Ping Latitude bag was replaced due to it being a "Friday afternoon special" with a slightly newer model. Unfortunately, this one has fared little better with the lining dividers having parted company with their anchors and the outside having gone very bobbly. :mad:

Can anyone recommend a carry/stand bag please; doesn`t have to be the lightest as I am larger than the average lump and besides which it doubles up as more exercise :D

Was considering the Mizuno Aerolite until one of our number mentioned the Twister III, but your help and guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks
Si

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Have a look at Sun Mountain bags.
I like this one

G020680.jpg

sev112

Tour Winner
Visit site
Cheap Slazengers from JD Sports
Made out of much more robust material inside than Mizunos etc
And for £40, what can you say

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
Dont say that Homer!! I got a tm diablo for christmas off the wife and i love it, been going well so far.

I would have had a sun mountain h2o but could only get yellow! :(

Will be keeping the sun mountain in mind for my next bag though!!

MizunoGreyhound

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Thanks guys. The Sun Mountain bags look good but from some reviews they appear to have had stability issues, certainly in the past. That one with the 14 dividers looks the mutts....

Anyone got good or bad about that Aerolite III please?

mansell

Head Pro
Visit site
Ogio's are excellent bags, I am tempted though to try a light Sun Mountain one and the above does look nice.

I'v got the Ogio Grom only used it once and it weighs a ton only managed to do nine holes, had to hire a pull trolley to finish my round :eek:

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
i currently use a taylor made carry stand bag although for me the straps have never say right on the right hand shoulder one. wouldnt have another one unless they change the strap design but the bag itself is spot on.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ogio are the bags for me. I have never owned a bag with a golf brand on it as always felt I was paying for the name and not the bag and have heard stories of suspect quality. Ogio only make bags so their reputations stands on the quality of the product. I have had my Atlas for nearly 3 years now and it is as good as new. Also like that Ogio bags some loaded with the little things that make life easier (Cooler pouch, pencil holders, padded glasses pocket, place for card etc) and their carry bags are designed so as you can reach all of them on the move. OK the range last year with the built in cigar case was a bit much but still....

StuartD

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Jsut got an Ogio Ozone yesterday. As GB72 says plenty of useful little pockets. Only drawback is the main pocket does not go the full length of the bag

CrapHacker

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I got a Prosimmon stand bag off Amazon last year for less than £15.

I wasn't expecting more than a season out of it, but it's still going strong, 18 months on.

Not the best bag by any means, but pretty good vfm for people on a tight budget.

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ogio are the bags for me. I have never owned a bag with a golf brand on it as always felt I was paying for the name and not the bag and have heard stories of suspect quality. Ogio only make bags so their reputations stands on the quality of the product. I have had my Atlas for nearly 3 years now and it is as good as new. Also like that Ogio bags some loaded with the little things that make life easier (Cooler pouch, pencil holders, padded glasses pocket, place for card etc) and their carry bags are designed so as you can reach all of them on the move. OK the range last year with the built in cigar case was a bit much but still....

You want to tell that to my mate then, he has had his for 6 months and the carry strap has ripped from the body of the bag. Returned to shop to hear "yeah you are not the first with this problem."

Redwood

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Agree with Homer on the TM bags.

I had an old R7 standbag, and the stand mechanism probably failed after 6 month use, and every time I picked it up I had to give the stand a kick with my legs as I walked off to get them to retract!!!

Currently use a Ping Freestyle, which I'm OK with, although there isn't much storage space, and the clubs do get caught up a bit, but it is fairly light.