Cardiff City at Wembley

The_Squire

Head Pro
Visit site
As a life long CCFC supporter who has seen more bad times than good, I can't believe that this Sunday I will watch my beloved Bluebirds run out at Wembley. I never thought I would see the day.

I was first taken to the hallowed turf of Ninian park as a seven year old by my Dad back in the early seventies, he stopped watching the City in the eighties, over the last few years I would ask him if he fancied coming to a match and he would always reply 'I will come when we get to Wembley'.

Unfortunately he passed away from cancer four months ago but I and two of his grandsons will be there for him, with tears in our eyes.

I am sure that this sort of story will also relate to Barnsley fans so I hope both sets of fans have a good day out but obviously from my point of view with a win for Cardiff.

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
Touching post Squire.

I'm sure your dad will be up there watching with pride as his team play on the "hallowed turf".

As for you, enjoy the game and the experience. As a Yorkie I'm rooting for Barnsley. Nevertheless, it's a huge day for both teams.

shanker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
It's a pity that there has to be a loser. Anyway, I'll be supporting Cardiff as I did spend a night there six years ago and enjoyed it. I've also got a golfing mate from Caerphilly who supports them.
BTW, am I right in understanding that both semis are being played at Wembley? Bit tough on Cardiff and Barnsley if the pitch is cut up.
Also BTW, Cardiff won the Cup in 1927. I wasn't at the game but thought I'd share that piece of info. with you.