Capital Punishment - Yay or Nay???

Would you rather play links golf or inland courses given the choice?

• Links always before inland courses!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I hate seaguls, give me Gleneagles please!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
Roger, drugs get into prisons because the screws are either as bent as a curly-wurly or under threat of violence on the outside.

I know a fair few people who have done more than their fair share of bird and it is scary just how easy it is for people to get drugs, mobile phones & cash inside.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
I never expected to see a thread like this....all very interesting. I voted undecided, not because I believe I'm a wet liberal guy, but somehow we (the decent members of a predominantly decent society) need to look hard at nipping things in the bud as a priority. Sure, there are some offences so heinous that I'd vote for instant capital punishment, but it's the fact that some people with hope (i.e. not down and out evil) can be getting even near to contemplating such behaviour.

I think we are way too soft with our treatment of young/early stage offenders and too tolerant of people's rights in general. Kids who do wrong and know it should be handled "gloves off" i.m.o. and taught tougher lessons before things get out of hand. I'd bring back National Service, I drop all the rights nonsense and get back to a self regulating society a.s.a.p. I lived in parts of London where you had to learn respect or pay the price.....all the spoiled kids of today become the "I-want-it-all" adults of tomorrow. As mad as it sounds, the fact that we have not faced war (on home soil), real poverty, strict discipline from schools (for 4 decades?) is all skewing folks attitude. We are lucky to live in a free and relatively comfortable land......it's amazing how much people take for granted. I'd lock up drug dealers first offence, crush cars belonging to those that break rules (excessively) and show zero tolerance to the most dangerous of potential criminals.

That's my opinion.

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
Talking about cars Dave, I got a nicking today in a random police enforcement trap, nothing major, however.......

Some silly cow was also stopped, she was driving an 04-plate corsa that was a heap, she had not tax, no insurance, no mot, the front tyres were down to cords as was the n/s/r which happened to be the space-saver wheel.

To top it off she had a 3 month old baby in the car.

When told the car would be siezed she threw a hissy fit, kicked and screamed "you can't do this to me, why don't you stop real criminals" she then asked me to comment at how harsh the police were. and boy oh boy did I give her both barrells.

I deserved my ticket, I took it in a friendly way and even had a good old crack with the police about it.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
You're on the mark there, Dave. The big problem is that society today is all about 'rights' and nothing about 'responsibility'.

Discipline in schools collapsed when a complete strata of discipline (corporal punishment) was removed but nothing was put in its place. This left a huge gap between detention and exclusion, it's the reason for so many being excluded.

Sentencing is a joke, there was a case in Bedford where a kid (about 15) was done for taking and driving, he asked for 70 other offences to be considered and got fined £70! He walked out of the court and nicked a car to get home.

The forces are not interested in and wouldn't want National Service back. Training is expensive and time consuming so two years would be of no use to them.