Can't hit driver long anymore

yabutqueen

Visit site
I hit all my new irons (tailor-made M4) slightly longer than my old set (Taylor-made R11) and my fairway wood (Calloway Epic 15 degree 3 wood) goes 225 to 240, but My driver(Calloway Great Big Bertha 2016) just won't go. Typically 220 with occasionally 240. I am a 6 handicap but need more distance out of my driver. My friends say I'm trying to hard with my driver. Extra info PW 125 yds, 9 iron 135-140 yds, 8 iron 150-155 yds, 7 iron 160-165, 6 iron 175-180, 5 iron 185-190, 4 iron 200-210. I occasionally hit all of them longer but these are average distances. Most times I can out hit my driver with my 3 wood. I literally cannot reach a 450 yd par 4 some days with driver 3 wood. So the question is will a custom fitting for my driver help with distance?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Welcome!
A fitting may show up deficiencies in your strike.
If you're maintaining your swing speed compared to your 3 wood then your efficiency of strike could be whats holding you back.
Sounds like you're not hitting the middle with the driver but you are with the 3 wood.
Shorter shaft, different shaft etc etc Many things can influence where you make contact.

yabutqueen

Visit site
I hit all my new irons (tailor-made M4) slightly longer than my old set (Taylor-made R11) and my fairway wood (Calloway Epic 15 degree 3 wood) goes 225 to 240, but My driver(Calloway Great Big Bertha 2016) just won't go. Typically 220 with occasionally 240. I am a 6 handicap but need more distance out of my driver. My friends say I'm trying to hard with my driver. Extra info PW 125 yds, 9 iron 135-140 yds, 8 iron 150-155 yds, 7 iron 160-165, 6 iron 175-180, 5 iron 185-190, 4 iron 200-210. I occasionally hit all of them longer but these are average distances. Most times I can out hit my driver with my 3 wood. I literally cannot reach a 450 yd par 4 some days with driver 3 wood. So the question is will a custom fitting for my driver help with distance?
Almost certainly. When you have the fitting get the pro to have a look at your setup. It should be a bit different from how you set up with all the other clubs.
Thank you..

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I reckon Imurg is right, you're probably missing the sweetspot and that will cost you distance. Maybe, get a can of foot spray, get to the range, spray the face of the club every few shots and see exactly where you're striking the ball

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Your distances are basically mine.
I never used a driver for about 3 years but tried many.
The one I use now a Ping G25 is just great.
Try a few,get the spec that suits and just practice.
I’ve also learnt to draw it slightly as apossed to the fade I had.
One thing that has transformed my driving his hitting about 4 degrees up as I was level or even hitting down.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I reckon Imurg is right, you're probably missing the sweetspot and that will cost you distance. Maybe, get a can of foot spray, get to the range, spray the face of the club every few shots and see exactly where you're striking the ball
A pro I was getting a lesson off used lipstick for this. It was a good ice breaker for a first lesson as well as proving to be very effective.

Wolf

Visit site
when I pick the driver up I can't find a fairway to save my life. So whilst my issue is not per se distance it's definetly only a driver issue everything else is fine, so for me it's going to be work on the range, a lesson and the obviously needed new shiny stick..

In case of the OP I think Imurg has it nailed on sounds very much like missing the centre of the face and timing.

turkish

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Can you get on a good launch monitor with clubhead data? Even better if with a pro

Knowing where you hit it on face definitely first port of call but could also be too high spin, you also might not swing as fast as you used to combined with any of above will have detrimental effect... I know I’ve lost a few MPH clubhead speed last couple of years