Can we do better?

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
If there was a way of stopping my tv from receiving a signal yet still being able to watch DVD's I'd do it and stop paying the licence fee immediately. Or, why haven't monitors reached the same size as TV's yet? I'd get one of these at about 37", stop the licence fee which would pay for the monitor in two years.

19thagain

Head Pro
Visit site
The story could open showing a well run golf club, offering golf to all at a reasonable cost BUT the young bucks decide a round takes too long due to the older golfers and successfully block vote, at the AGM, on a motion to offload all older golfers.

Cut to a beautiful summers day with wide fairways accommodating a small number of golfers rushing round to get to the Apple Store to have their IPlayer, IPad, IRon and IPhone all 'tickled' by the assistant, to make certain that they can receive the optimum performance from their toys.

Cut to the local AG store where the area manager is now offloading staff as the store is closing down from the loss of 'grey' income.

Back to the Golf Club where the Steward and staff are all on a part time basis as no 'greys' use the club during normal working hours - the committee have lost their way due to lack of direction by what was the 'mature members' - the fees have are now doubled as the membership has reduced BUT most young members are now so happy that they can run round their course ... well they could if the young guys and gals that take so long over their game would not hold them up.

A work of fiction .... obviously!!