Can a Better Ball Card Be Used for Handicap

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Played in a better ball comp today and worked out that my individual score off full handicap would have been 41 points. I putted out every hole and all of my scores were recorded for every hole so can I ask the club to look at the Card for a handicap cut?

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I don't think so but don't know 100% for sure. It's about the intent for the card to be considered for handicap purposes being declared beforehand. Also you can have your partner in for the safe par say which frees you up to go for the extra point which is a very different scenario to just your ball counting.

Someone who knows for sure will be along but I'd be surprised if it was allowed.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
No. You have either to play in a Qualifying Competition which can only be singles medal/stableford or submit a Supplementary Score, which has to be declared before you play. General play adjustments are now only made in very exceptional circumstances (and this wouldn't qualify as one).

NST

Head Pro
Visit site
Following on from this subject, I started playing last year, and my first three club staplefords resulted in a 28 handicap. Played in one this year and hitit awfully. Nowi've improved, to the point I had my best round yesterday, a 15 over, 86 at mid Sussex (not my home course). Got monthly stapleford next week, can I ask to play off less than my official 28?

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Following on from this subject, I started playing last year, and my first three club staplefords resulted in a 28 handicap. Played in one this year and hitit awfully. Nowi've improved, to the point I had my best round yesterday, a 15 over, 86 at mid Sussex (not my home course). Got monthly stapleford next week, can I ask to play off less than my official 28?

Nope. Get out there and tear up the course and get cut :thup: Then do it again next competition :thup:

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site

Was the round at Mid Sussex a social or competition round? When did you last play in a competition?

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Nothing wrong with playing off a Lower handicap than actual. Playing off Higher one means DQ though.

Once declared and round begun, Handicap can't be altered though.

Only applies to the competition though. Actul Playing Handicap ill be used for handicap assessment though - including CSS.

Worth discussing with the Handicap Secretary before you do so though.

Ian_S

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Worth checking your handicap is still active, if you've improved that much without playing in qualifying comps.

Also don't get too far ahead of yourself. This game has a funny way of biting you back when you think you're getting the hang of it.

NST

Head Pro
Visit site
Worth checking your handicap is still active, if you've improved that much without playing in qualifying comps.

Also don't get too far ahead of yourself. This game has a funny way of biting you back when you think you're getting the hang of it.

Why wouldn't it be active? 3 rounds last year to generate handicap. 1 so far this year.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site

New handicap last year is active for all of 2013will go inactive if no more qualifiers or supplementary before December 31st.

Decent improvement in bounce games but it's a slightly different kettle of fish once card in hand and comp tee in use, if you still feel so over h/cap'd play off 24 18 whatever you feel happy with, but I would run it by the h/cap sec first.

Back to the OP you used to be able to get a general play cut if you scored on 14/18 holes in an under par 4BBB score but the system
Has changed. Good shooting though!