Calling any 2nd hand car buffs

BushFinder

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Rob,
Im no 2nd hand car buff, but.
I bought an Alfa 156 for the girlfriend last year. I paid 2k for a 2002 2.0 luso,65k on the clock, full leather electric all the toys etc

I must say what a fantastic car it is! I use it at weekends and I love driving it. As long as its had the cam belt done, they are great if you look after them.(keep topped up with oil water).
They do have a few quirks, I looked on the pistonheads forum and each car has it's own personality.
Nothing major, things like the petrol gauge takes ages to move after you fill up.

Hope this helps

BushFinder

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
I only paid £2800 for a fully loaded V70 2.4 Estate with Full leather & Winter pack, and 90k on the clock.

Hardly run in by Volvo standards, and hasnt missed a beat.

Cavernous in tee boot too, my hound is regularly in there.

:cool:

Nice.....(my sis has one) but she's almost bankrupt running it on short journeys.....

Despite everyones advice not to on here. I recently got a V70 2.4 petrol. £2600 116k on the clock, full leather climate control, aircon, auto, but not with the full winter pack, just the 'W' button for winter driving.

The Volvo is thirsty, very thirsty on short trips. Under 25 mpg :eek: However it's a lovely car to drive, very comfortable, carnevious boot, and enough airbags to keep the Titanic afloat. So great for keeping my kids nice and safe.

I was considering the Alfa Sportwagon , but not on my money! The Volvo is here for 10 years potentially. It should easily do it.

Not a recommedation for the OP really though. But a lot of car for the money.

Ill second this iv had a 00 plate V70 2.0 Turbo for the past 3 years trouble free you'll be hard pressed to find something safer for the money...I work as a panel beater and i wouldnt have my kids in anything else....As hapless has said there a little thirsty around town , very good on the motorway and they swallow golf gear for fun..... I can take 4 trolleys 4 bags and 4 adults in comfort in mine every weekend :D