Callaway Hex black tour ball

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
I was lucky enough to get a dozen of these given by a friend so I took them out to try and I'm sold on them. I normally use a Srixon Z-Star in the summer months and a Wilson DX2/3 in winter when scores do not count but the Srixons are getting the old heave ho as soon as I have used them and I'm replacing them with the Callaway's. The Callaway's are nice and firm feeling, not pudding soft and they click nicely off the putter face and wedges. They do not cut up off the wedges, they do mark but all premium balls do. You can get a round out of them easily without too much bother. Now to the great bit about these balls, they spin like crazy off the scoring clubs. They really do sit well off a crisp strike with the wedges. On good greens you can land them all the way to the flag and they will not go anywhere else. Backing up well on a really good shot. Off the driver they do not turn a fade/draw into something worse as side spin is well controlled too.
I really think they beat both the Srixon and Pro v1 offerings hands down. I know they are not cheap but if you already play a premium ball you really should be giving the Hex black tour a demo. I cannot see anyone having any concerns with these balls. I love them and they are going in the bag asap.

Jon321

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Seems to be quite abit of love for these lately. I had a dozen that I got when I subscribed and really liked them. I usually use B330 tours and these were just as good.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
My 1st choice ball, AG price match at £29.00 for me or when the 3 for 2 deals are on their about £22.00 per dozen then :thup:

Good off the tee, very confident with them around the greens and love putting with them.

Iaing

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I found them to be like rocks too, not a patch on the Z-Star, but then I don't particularly like the pro v1 either.
The only Callaway ball I've liked was the Tour is.

Each to their own.

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Have to agree with drawboy. I like the hex black. I am not sure, but I found the tour ix too soft. Our pro went on a Cally training day and was told they have invested 3x more cash in developing their premium balls than they have in their clubs!

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Have to agree with drawboy. I like the hex black. I am not sure, but I found the tour ix too soft. Our pro went on a Cally training day and was told they have invested 3x more cash in developing their premium balls than they have in their clubs!

They've always lead the way in ball technology over recent years from what I have read which is why Titleist lost a legal battle against Callaway for stealing 10 patents that went into the ProV1 & 1x.

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I found them to be like rocks too, not a patch on the Z-Star, but then I don't particularly like the pro v1 either.
The only Callaway ball I've liked was the Tour is.

Each to their own.

Strange, I have some Tour i(s) as well and they are so much harder than the HEX Black IMHO, don't spin as much and aren't as long.