callaway ft -IQ or ft-I thoughts please

Grumps

Tour Rookie
Visit site
quite like the look of the the FT-IQ and FT-I square drivers they seem to be going quite cheap these days but is that because they not much use or because callaway have so many other models now has anybody used or better still using one

Redwood

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Grumps,

Of the two I'd defintely look at the FT-iQ. I bought one end of last year, and too be honest would probably still be playing it if I had bought the tour version, as the non-tour one I bought just sits too closed.

Yes, great driver, but, personally, I'd steer clear on the non-tour version!!!

Redwood

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Yes, I guess so, although some manufacturers make clubs draw biased by offsetting the head from the hosel.

I see your Driver is a draw biased one, so actually the non-tour version may suit you if that is what you prefer.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
If you want something a bit more traditional the FT-9 has also had a price cut recently and I could not be happier with mine

Grumps

Tour Rookie
Visit site
ive got the G10 at the moment and hit it quite straight most times but when the wind gets up ( thats most days in scotland !!!) it seems to go straight up and not far thats only reason im looking for something else :p

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have the FTi tour model and after getting a new grip on it with extra tape underneath I love it. Its longer than my G10 and poker straight. I felt the standard grip was too thin but with the new grip I am happy with it.

Redwood

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Grumps,

Take a look at the FT-9 tour then. The head is a low spin head I believe so can help to keep the ball lower.

I have the i-Mix version so am also able to tinker with different shafts, which may also help.

nulassilb

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Partly tempted by the price and rock solid in a test, I have just bought the FT-iq. Very pleased with it so far. I had the FT-5 and found that I had good length but hit it rather high. I am still experimenting with getting the set up at address spot on - but the FT-iq is the straightest driver I have ever had. It may be just slightly shorter than the FT-5....but not by much.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
I have the FT-iQ with i-mix shaft, never had a club that was so forgiving, sometimes it makes me appear to be a half-decent player

The FT-iQ isn't being made anymore so you can snap them up pretty cheap, worth every penny in my book.