Buying train tickets

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Quick one guys

I need recommendations on website to use to buy train tickets from Edinburgh to London

The site we looked on for times didn't appear to allow purchase (national rail) and trainline site is too clunky to be useable

Thanks

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Edinburgh to London is via LNER and you can book on their website. But it is unlikely to be cheaper than the above site (although I've never used ticketysplit, so can't comment on the experience).

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Quick one guys

I need recommendations on website to use to buy train tickets from Edinburgh to London

The site we looked on for times didn't appear to allow purchase (national rail) and trainline site is too clunky to be useable

Thanks
How many is "we"?
If there's 3 or more you get a decent discount as long as you travel together. And don't forget over 60s cards etc
Be (slightly) wary of ticket splitting, as if part of the journey is disrupted for any reason, the train operator is under no obligation to ball you out.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Edinburgh to London is via LNER and you can book on their website. But it is unlikely to be cheaper than the above site (although I've never used ticketysplit, so can't comment on the experience).
Also Lumon now on that line. Worth checking out, don't get affected by strikes so keep on running when others don't.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Thanks guys we'll check those out, please add any more

The total rail journey isn't city to city but its the main part
2 person booking

Flights are dearer for our convienient days, times

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The east coast mainline, it's what is known as, is actually pretty good. Going cross country is often not great but just going north to south, and vice versa, is usually fairly decent. As train travel goes.............😄

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I travel all over the country by train and use the TrainPal app. It’s as good as anything I’ve found for cheap tickets.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
How many is "we"?
If there's 3 or more you get a decent discount as long as you travel together. And don't forget over 60s cards etc
Be (slightly) wary of ticket splitting, as if part of the journey is disrupted for any reason, the train operator is under no obligation to ball you out.
I'll be honest...I'm not sure I want to be BALLed out by my train operator :oops:..i'd be happier sat on a desolate platform working out my journey options for myself.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I used to use trainline and their app was pretty slick. Only downside is you cannot change trains once booked.

I tried to get back from Rotherham two hours early. Three trains before one I had booked were only £20 more than I paid and the station wouldn’t let me pay the difference to change. There was also one an hour earlier at the same cost but no transfer was available even though it was empty.

Seems the only issue with pre booking discounted seats via 3rd party sites

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Quick one guys

Thanks
Now you can do via Uber