buying fishing kit.

shewy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Can anyone help me with where to buy fishing kit online for a reasonable price?
I'm after a rod reel and lures, sea fishing off Africa so needs to be sturdy, pulled in a 23kg Tuna today and Dorado get caught quite often up to 40 with the odd shark if it doesn't eat the fish on the line.
I'm a complete novice but some of the SA guys have good gear they let me borrow occasionally

SVB

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Warning - Rant coming up! :rant:

For me this is where the 'save a couple of quid on-line' thing does not make sense. As a beginner, surely this is where a visit or mid-week phone call, when they'll have more time, to an shop will get you the right advice, therefore right kit at a fair price (fair meaning including some margin for the expert advice). Yes, you could take the advice and then find best price on-line but don't expect it to be there next time you need it.

(Sorry, this is not directed at you personally, more a comment on how the world has moved on and not always for the best)

sandmagnet

Head Pro
Visit site
Why i said Eric's as nothing is to much trouble for them:thup:Can phone them up and will talk you through all the gear you need and you won't find it cheaper or if you do they price match it!

shewy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Warning - Rant coming up! :rant:

For me this is where the 'save a couple of quid on-line' thing does not make sense. As a beginner, surely this is where a visit or mid-week phone call, when they'll have more time, to an shop will get you the right advice, therefore right kit at a fair price (fair meaning including some margin for the expert advice). Yes, you could take the advice and then find best price on-line but don't expect it to be there next time you need it.

(Sorry, this is not directed at you personally, more a comment on how the world has moved on and not always for the best)

What I meant is I don't need a £800 rod and reel, quite prepared to pay maybe a couple of hundred for good gear not all the gear and no idea.