Burning effigies on Bonfire Night

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Luis Suarez?

Could we not just burn him in real life...?

Or would that be considered not very PC....
evilgrin0041.gif

forefortheday

Tour Rookie
Visit site
This town just has it right - stuff political correctness and go with the will of the people. So who else could they have selected?

??????????

They've been doing it for years what has "pc" got to do with anything? If "PC" was so prevelant I would imagine the burning of a black guy would have been stopped.

But yes it's one in the eye for all the do-gooders,liberals,PC nutcases etc etc.

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Loius Spence ... that muppet does my head in .. & it has nothing to do with him being gay before someone starts..

Anyone/anything to do with eastenders ..

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I know bonfire night was about Guy Fawkes and the gunpowder plot of 1605 but haven't things changed a little these days.
I thought it was a time for children and families to get out of the house for a few hours to watch the fireworks and for the adults to drink Gluhwein.
Maybe I've got it all wrong and it's really about teaching children to set fire to anyone they dont like. :mad:

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Very true Bob.
We look down our noses at other countries burning effigies but we celebrate one that is centuries old.

Give me a good hung, drawn and quartered over a burning anyday.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Just need to have caught the first episode of Gunpowder (BBC1 Sunday) to see that getting burnt at the stake was maybe not the worst of options.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I think all golf clubs should burn a few seniors on the 5th
Slow play cured at one fell swoop!

In the same vein, the last 20 runners every mile in the London Marathon should be shot. Then we'll see how many people turn up to the start dressed as a hippo or Pudsey Bear.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Bloody hell, talk about digging up old threads 😜

The list due to the heinous crimes some have made since this was first posted is endless.

Not sure how well some of them would burn though, probably just smoulder and stink the area out 😜