BT Sport

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I must say I am pretty impressed with this service, especially as there is no additional payment to the household.
They are showing the Scotland v England under 21's match tonight and have quite a few SPFL matches covered.

The only mild moan is that the presenters/pundits tend to be not UK savvy. Three on last night talking about the Scotland England game and all at one point said 'we' when talking about England.

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
They have the MotoGP coverage now also which is crap. Cant beat Eurosport with Julian, Toby & Spalders knowledge of the bikes.

Stegsie

Head Pro
Visit site
I have Virgin Media, so not got access to this as yet (Very annoying!) Hope they get a deal sorted out soon so I can subscribe.

On the plus side though, Virgin have halved my Sky Sports subscription price whilst they await conformation of when BT Sport will be available on their packages.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Im guessing youve not had a problem with Sky yet then to test their CS :)

Funny you should mention that Steve, yes we have :)

We had an issue with our set-top box about 3 months ago (Deleting saved programmes). Had an engineer out in 2 days and fixed the problem and it hasn't re-occured since.

We also has a minor issue with the broardband not long after we had it in. Engineer sorted at the exchange and their customer service reduced our monthly payments as a form of recompense.

An example of BT's typical customer service was evident when we returned from holiday to 6 channels out of 70 odd. Went through all the techno-jazz over the phone with a cal centre, to no avail.

Tell me they will send an engineer out , but it will be 15 days. This after no end of problems with all aspects of their service.

Told them to cancel my package and send me a final bill. I had Sky fitted and working inside 5 days. 10 days quiker than they could get an engineer to me :D

To answer your question, yes I have. And I'm mighty impressed with it too :thup:

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Funny you should mention that Steve, yes we have :)

We had an issue with our set-top box about 3 months ago (Deleting saved programmes). Had an engineer out in 2 days and fixed the problem and it hasn't re-occured since.

We also has a minor issue with the broardband not long after we had it in. Engineer sorted at the exchange and their customer service reduced our monthly payments as a form of recompense.

An example of BT's typical customer service was evident when we returned from holiday to 6 channels out of 70 odd. Went through all the techno-jazz over the phone with a cal centre, to no avail.

Tell me they will send an engineer out , but it will be 15 days. This after no end of problems with all aspects of their service.

Told them to cancel my package and send me a final bill. I had Sky fitted and working inside 5 days. 10 days quiker than they could get an engineer to me :D

To answer your question, yes I have. And I'm mighty impressed with it too :thup:

Sounds you got a darn site luckier than we did :)

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Another Sky customer that wont be paying extra for BT which is a shame. Like Gareth though, dealing with CS has always been good and i have been a sky customer for over 10 years now..

Fader

Tour Winner
Visit site
We have everything with Sky.

We moved from BT as we found their service shocking and customer service even worse.

Very much that bit in bold.. I used to work for BT when I first came out of the forces and I got to see first hand the poor service and customer services which was the reason I didn't stay working for them and moved my all my stuff over to Sky.

Then had major issues with Sky and even worse customer service than BT so when we moved house I switched to Virgin and haven't had a single customer service issue yet and get better broadband than I've ever had.

The only slight gripe is the loss of ESPN America as i'm a massive baseball and UFC fan so a bit gutted about the loss of ESPN, but rather than go to BT when my contract is up i'll stay with Virgin and pay for the Baseball live feeds through the MLB website and just watch the UFC online via my brothers account for this.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Must add that we have to have Sky basic package for signal [remote area].
We have BT for internet service. Hence free channels. So far we have found BT internet service very good.

Scott1505

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have Virgin Media, so not got access to this as yet (Very annoying!) Hope they get a deal sorted out soon so I can subscribe.

On the plus side though, Virgin have halved my Sky Sports subscription price whilst they await conformation of when BT Sport will be available on their packages.

Did you contact them and complain or have they halved all customers sky sports subscription?

harrisj

Hacker
Visit site
Don't think they will fail like ESPN and Setanta as they seem to have more games and really are spending a lot of money on getting it right.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Don't think they will fail like ESPN and Setanta as they seem to have more games and really are spending a lot of money on getting it right.

That part right there in bold is the exact reason that so many competitors to Sky have failed. ITV Digital, Setatnta and OnDigital to name the main ones.
ESPN didn't fail, it was always a secondary player and continue to be so until such time as Disney decide that they want to be main players in the UK market (they considered a £7.8bn bid for Sky after the News Corp debacle, but decided against).

BT have plunged huge amounts in to the rights, package deals and free offers which could be problematic if subscriber figures stay as they are. Yes they are banging the drums about 500k net additions, but Sky's churn remains stable at <10% and most additions BT will have gained are from customers not with Sky at present.
To put that in context, 500k net additions is around a half year for Sky year-on-year... BT would need to sustain that for probably 2-3 years in order to break even and I'm not sure with their lack of investment in customer service that they will add and retain in equal enough measure.

I stand to be proved wrong but I seriously doubt it.

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
I bought BT Sport as I'm a big Scottish Football fan.

Too expensive at £15 a month (HD) considering you can only watch it on one box (we have multiroom).

Oh well, at least the money will be invested in quality commentary and punditry..... alas not to be.

Imagine my surprise to find Neil Warnock stuttering and stammaring all over my TV before and after a Scottish game..... he looked like he'd just been given day-release from the old folk's home at points. At other times he could clearly be heard muttering "ha ha, they have no idea that I hate Scottish football and know nothing about it".

AAAAAAAANNNNNND, the tossy way the pundits walk about the park before the match. Get the frick off the park you swaggering has-beens. You have no idea about football, never mind the Scottish game. It's only a matter of time before someone kicks a ball in their puss- making it £15 well spent.

Oh- the commentary volume is too low as well.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
I bought BT Sport as I'm a big Scottish Football fan.

Too expensive at £15 a month (HD) considering you can only watch it on one box (we have multiroom).

Oh well, at least the money will be invested in quality commentary and punditry..... alas not to be.

Imagine my surprise to find Neil Warnock stuttering and stammaring all over my TV before and after a Scottish game..... he looked like he'd just been given day-release from the old folk's home at points. At other times he could clearly be heard muttering "ha ha, they have no idea that I hate Scottish football and know nothing about it".

AAAAAAAANNNNNND, the tossy way the pundits walk about the park before the match. Get the frick off the park you swaggering has-beens. You have no idea about football, never mind the Scottish game. It's only a matter of time before someone kicks a ball in their puss- making it £15 well spent.

Oh- the commentary volume is too low as well.

Enjoying it then are we...? :D

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Looking to get the BT channels tomorrow as we have BT broadband. Moving house in December to a new build which is already set up to take Virgin. Not sure if I want to go to them or stick with BT and get Sky set up. The thought of a dish on my bright new house is putting me off.

Virgin v Sky. Who wins. The fact you can't get BT Sport with Virgin is a big negative