BRS - V1

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
We currently use BRS for tee time booking.
Increasingly many players are now wanting to play 9 holes only. Although the office has the facility to change the type of event a particular time is booked for (eg Member, Member/Guest, Ladies Invitation Day etc) there is seemingly no facility for the first member booking a time to indicate they are only intending to play 9 hole. If this was displayable then others of a like mind could join up.

Does anyone know if
a) we have missed something in BRS and/or
b) whether V1/HDID offers a facility to add a note?

Many thanks

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
On our BRS system, on the top menu you can change from 18 holes to 9 holes.
Is this something the player can do as they book their individual time or is it (what we found) that is something the office can do beforehand for a range of tee times?

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The player at booking
This is the same as ours. When I first read the OPs post I went to BRS and tried to book a tee time. I did an early and late time. If there was enough daylight then I had the option to toggle between 9 and 18 holes. If there was not enough daylight to complete 18 holes then BRS defaulted to 9 holes. However, if the booked time was early enough to complete 18 holes in daylight there was an option to toggle between 9/18 holes.

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
Interesting. That option doesn't show on our booking screen. Presumably it is a setting done in the back office.
It must be, checked my 18 hole club and no option for 9 holes, but then our 9th is the furthest from the clubhouse, so anyone playing a shortened round would be cutting across somewhere

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
It must be, checked my 18 hole club and no option for 9 holes, but then our 9th is the furthest from the clubhouse, so anyone playing a shortened round would be cutting across somewhere
We have two convenient loops of 9. The back 9 are rarely played except by a few early in the morning when they would cause no interleaving issues. The front 9 have become very popular in the last year or so. We have a very limited number of buggies and many seniors of both genders are finding 18 a bit much. Especially with the 18th being a long uphill drag.

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
We have two convenient loops of 9. The back 9 are rarely played except by a few early in the morning when they would cause no interleaving issues. The front 9 have become very popular in the last year or so. We have a very limited number of buggies and many seniors of both genders are finding 18 a bit much. Especially with the 18th being a long uphill drag.
Just impossible here, but 1-12 + 16 gets you home, as does 1-3 + 12-18 for a ten holer.

Couple of courses locally have changed their routing (Stonehaven & Alford) to give a front 9 loop that gives you the chance to hop off, good thinking as the older golfers seem to especially take the option

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
?. He said its in the timesheet configuration , ours is also set up for hours before sunset when it will default to 9 holes
Out asst mgr has spoken to BRS and I am now a little confused.
"One of the BRS support team said the only way of having that setting appear on the screen for casual booking is to set the golf course up as a 2 x 9-holes golf course rather than an 18-hole golf course".
We are wanting to have 18 plus the front 9 as an alternative but using the same booking sheet and times and allow the player to show which format they intend to play. Your screen shot seems to show just that.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'll check again but looking at the configuration which i can see when setting up the timesheet you can select 1st or 10th tee. When on the BRS page the members see there is the option to toggle between 1st and 10th tee and when you click on it you see the attached which suggests the 2 nines are deemed 2 courses ?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-07-30 205536.png
    Screenshot 2022-07-30 205536.png
    38.5 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot 2022-07-30 205738.png
    Screenshot 2022-07-30 205738.png
    38.6 KB · Views: 8

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
It seems that we can't do exactly what we want which an 18 hole course and the first 9 set as another. I gather that if a player selects the 9 hole option the system automatically reserves the 10th tee 2 hours (or so?) later. I haven't actually seen the web pages yet so am not sure if CRS, our asst mgr and I are talking at cross purposes. But I've got a meeting booked in a couple of days for a demo

VVega

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It seems that we can't do exactly what we want which an 18 hole course and the first 9 set as another. I gather that if a player selects the 9 hole option the system automatically reserves the 10th tee 2 hours (or so?) later. I haven't actually seen the web pages yet so am not sure if CRS, our asst mgr and I are talking at cross purposes. But I've got a meeting booked in a couple of days for a demo
On our system (BRS) it’s as simple as choosing if your are playing 18 or 9. In either case the booking is for starting on the 1st.

Don’t know what Config setting they selected but the result to the members is as you are trying to do?

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
On our system (BRS) it’s as simple as choosing if your are playing 18 or 9. In either case the booking is for starting on the 1st.

Don’t know what Config setting they selected but the result to the members is as you are trying to do?
Yes, a member must always book a starting time for the 1st tee whatever number of holes they intend to play.
But the first player has no way of indicating to others who may wish to join him/her how many holes they intend to play. The presumption is that the first player is playing 18 unless other members know that player only ever plays 9.
A group that my wife plays with a couple of times a week often only play 9 holes on a Tuesday. Sometimes one of the group will book a time showing only her name, expecting other "9 holers" will join her. However, someone may add their name unknowingly intending/expecting to play 18. As you can imagine it can cause an issue on the tee.

The present sticking plaster solution is that the first booker, wanting to play 9 only, immediately texts or emails the asst mgr with the time booked and he alters column 2 (immediately next to the Time to show "9 Holes") on the BRS system. Anyone then looking at the sheet can see it is a 9 hole time.

The facility we are looking for is that the first player can simply put some sort of annotation on the line to indicate only 9 holes are expected to be played.

There is no requirement to do anything re booking starts from the 10th. Neither the club nor members have any interest in that.
As it happens, some members do go out from the 10th early doors but must give way to all greenkeepers working on the course. Any such issue results in suspension of playing rights for a period.

VVega

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Yes, a member must always book a starting time for the 1st tee whatever number of holes they intend to play.
But the first player has no way of indicating to others who may wish to join him/her how many holes they intend to play. The presumption is that the first player is playing 18 unless other members know that player only ever plays 9.
A group that my wife plays with a couple of times a week often only play 9 holes on a Tuesday. Sometimes one of the group will book a time showing only her name, expecting other "9 holers" will join her. However, someone may add their name unknowingly intending/expecting to play 18. As you can imagine it can cause an issue on the tee.

The present sticking plaster solution is that the first booker, wanting to play 9 only, immediately texts or emails the asst mgr with the time booked and he alters column 2 (immediately next to the Time to show "9 Holes") on the BRS system. Anyone then looking at the sheet can see it is a 9 hole time.

The facility we are looking for is that the first player can simply put some sort of annotation on the line to indicate only 9 holes are expected to be played.

There is no requirement to do anything re booking starts from the 10th. Neither the club nor members have any interest in that.
As it happens, some members do go out from the 10th early doors but must give way to all greenkeepers working on the course. Any such issue results in suspension of playing rights for a period.
Sorry if I am missing sth but if someone booked choosing 9 holes the slot is shown and 9 holes (next to the time on the left) isn’t it?