Broke 80!!

chipsandegg

Head Pro
Visit site
just been away playing for a few days to Dumfries and played a course ive never played before with my brother and i shot 79 .The course was Dumfries and Galloway and was absolutely imaculate. To make things even better was that i was using a new set of irons and it was my first full 18 holes with them so im double chuffed.. sorry to bore you all with that, im just bursting to tell everyone.. im sure you understand :D
Andy

Plantie

Medal Winner
Visit site
Well done fella... breaking 80 is good golf I dont care what anyone says.

Fantastic for confidence with the new clubs as well!

Now on to 78! ;) (which probably wont be your next round by the way!!)

chipsandegg

Head Pro
Visit site
Cheers!
ive broke 80 on my own course a few times now and am usually around the low 80's mark. i think it was more the fact that it was on a course that was totally alien to me that gave me such a buzz. as thinking back, on quite a few occasions i took the more consevative approach through not not knowing track.

Tommo21

Tour Winner
www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
As a six handicapper breaking 80 on relatively long courses is still my main priority. But, breaking 80 for the first time was a big, BIG step and trying to follow that up is another big step.

Wait until it all goes wrong and you’re back trying to break 90 and you wonder how you broke 80 in the first place. Once you get through that it’s 76, 75 and who knows after that.

Well done.

chipsandegg

Head Pro
Visit site
Funnily enough, the first ten holes i kept putting everything to the left of the green so i found myself chipping and putting, had i hit the greens then...who knows lol

chipsandegg

Head Pro
Visit site
Ping S58'S. if you remember i wrote a post last week on whether to change my G5's or not. i ended up getting a second hand set from the states for £240. i thought if they dident suit i could bang them back on E-Bay and get my money back. Hopefully i will continue and wont need to though ;)

Toad

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Well done mate. :D

I only recently broke 80 in a medal and know how hard it can be to get into the 70's.

nomadpaul

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Perhaps the familiarity of you own course meant you were almost playing on auto-pilot. Playing a new course , where you had to 'think' your way round , probably focused your mind and made you really concentrate on your course management . Great shooting fella

collins

Club Champion
Visit site
Well done - a great feeling!

I expect to break 80 on our easier course now but still have the target on every other course I play!

Keep up the good work!

D

Deleted member 1147

Well done mate, you can't beat success. I've had a bit myself recently (came down 0.6 to 9.2, and won a few prizes of late).

Keep it up, but don't put too much pressure on yourself - it can't happen every week!!