Britain's best views

D

Deleted member 1147

Can’t believe no one, on a golf forum, has suggested a view on a golf course.
Always my favourite views

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
For me it’s the view you get as the boat to Tiree and Coll leaves the Sound of Mull, passing Ardnamurchan Point and the lighthouse, before you get the magnificent panorama of the small isles, Muck, Canna and Eigg then the mountains of Rum with a backdrop of the Black Cuillin of Skye. And that’s just looking North, spin your panorama to look south and the unique shapes of the Treshnish Isles hove into sight as Mull is left behind. Though times before I’ve not been able to see the lighthouse, never mind the islands, due to the rain…?

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
View of the Isle of Rum from the summit of the easy to ascend Bruach na Frithe on the Cuillin ridge on Skye.
Not forgetting the view of the ridge.
On Rum itself any view from the single track road.
The Paps of Jura on the Isle of Jura and a mountain bike ride up the single track road to the north of the island and the Corryvreckan whirlpool.

As for some debate about Cape Wrath I didn't take the minibus. I put my bike on the small boat and cycled there seeing the most dramatic cliffs in Britain.

Should you want a spectacular view of our galaxy, then the Galloway International Dark Sky Park or from the Cambrian Mountains in Wales.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I have been fortunate to view 4 of the top 5.
Taken the boat right up to the back of the Cullins from Elgol and enjoyed a few hours walking there.
My special view, where I am having my ashes scattered, is Loch Scridian on Mull.
From a golf point of view 1st tee on North Berwick West, Bute, Arisaig and Durness courses take a bit of beating.