Break from the game......... never realistic

minty18

Tour Rookie
Visit site
As you may have read last week I decided to take a break from the game for a while.

The only issue was after watching the fridays play at wentworth i was itching for a round. I gave in saturday morning and went to play 11 holes.

Wow what a difference! My timing was a little out but i was still very pleased with how i played, scoring 22pts after the 11 holes. I now have some of my confidence back and i'm extremely looking forward to a long weekend of golf starting thursday.

;)

minty18

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I knew i wouldn't be able to stay away. I've had to shorten my back swing by about 50%, costing me a fair few yards but i'm hitting the ball much straighter. Once i get used to constantly hitting the back of the ball cleanly i'll work my way back up to a 3/4 swing.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Nice to hear, you never know what you have untill its gone.

just be careful you dont over golf and end up back in the same situation.

Tommo21

Tour Winner
www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
The way I deal with the bad stuff is just go out and play some more. We’re all amateurs and even at a low handicap level we can all have shockers.

Every time I think I’ve got something sorted it bites me on the bum and it’s been the same since the day I started from 14 HC down to 6.

The last medal I went round in 90 shots and yet I was hitting some of the best shots I’ve done for a while. But a few wayward shots and a couple of sockets put me in the Dougherty league. I hit my driver into one fairway bunker only to hit a good 6 iron out to the greenside bunker. It was up against the lip and it took two shots to get out, over the other side and three putts. It was an easy seven and I’ll bet to replicate that would be difficult.

I’ve been round in 73 when the course played it’s hardest and 90 when it’s been playing shorter and that’s the reason why we love this frustratingly rewarding game.

Minty, good man, keep going as we all need to take the rough with the smooth.

AliB

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
You said it!
good to see you back - take it easy, don't expect too much.

AliB
(the voice of experience - or do I mean disappointment?)

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
working thursday, 5-day member so both paying Saturday (but that's not a reason not to), already booked Sunday (Beadlow Manor).

Just checked, Wybo don't do Greenfree vouchers, but if Saturday is OK (I think it's £27 at w/ends) let me know and I'll book - though it will probably have to be pm now.