Boxing/UFC 2018-24

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I wasn’t going to pay for the PPV but after Smiths caveman comments at the press conference I just wanted Eubank to take his head off. Right up until he got tagged he was looking pretty sharp but unfortunately the age old saying of ‘you can’t put muscle on your chin’ came true. He was out on his feet at the end and it was a good stoppage by the ref.
So, what’s next for them both? Well, Smith finished the fight well, good combinations and fast hands but, IMHO he’s a long way short of the big guns and I agree with you guys that he should look to Benn next.
As for Eubank, unfortunately for him, he’s never going to be his dad, either skill wise or in being able to take punishment and again, IMHO, maybe should call it a day.
Now, let’s look forward to Fury v Uysk. Let’s have your predictions ?

I always write off Uysk and he always proves me wrong… but Fury to win ?

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
I wasn’t going to pay for the PPV but after Smiths caveman comments at the press conference I just wanted Eubank to take his head off. Right up until he got tagged he was looking pretty sharp but unfortunately the age old saying of ‘you can’t put muscle on your chin’ came true. He was out on his feet at the end and it was a good stoppage by the ref.
So, what’s next for them both? Well, Smith finished the fight well, good combinations and fast hands but, IMHO he’s a long way short of the big guns and I agree with you guys that he should look to Benn next.
As for Eubank, unfortunately for him, he’s never going to be his dad, either skill wise or in being able to take punishment and again, IMHO, maybe should call it a day.
Now, let’s look forward to Fury v Uysk. Let’s have your predictions ?

Fury all day for me, no one close to him in the division in my opinion.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
What is it with boxing and rematches? I can just about understand wanting a rematch if you get a split decision from the judges but when you are knocked down twice in the 4th round and the fight is stopped, then surely you should accept that you have been soundly beaten? The winner should be able to choose someone else to fight and the loser should be at the back of the queue, and shouldn't be able to jump on another big pay day.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
What is it with boxing and rematches? I can just about understand wanting a rematch if you get a split decision from the judges but when you are knocked down twice in the 4th round and the fight is stopped, then surely you should accept that you have been soundly beaten? The winner should be able to choose someone else to fight and the loser should be at the back of the queue, and shouldn't be able to jump on another big pay day.

Fair assessment. I think a fair %age is about the backroom team, encourage and TV people protecting their assets.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
What a fight between Makhachev and Volkanovski. The judges got it wrong for me. Don’t get me wrong, it was a close fight, but I thought Volkanovski won 3 of the rounds. What an engine on Volkanovski, unreal. Makhachev was quality too. However, he took more damage and looked surprised he’d won

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Jones v Gane this wk end.
Really looking forward to see Jones fight at Heavyweight.

Apparently Darren Till as been released by the UFC.
Can’t say I’m surprised tbh

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site

I’d not seen about Till’s release, but not surprised. 5 losses in last 6 fights.

Gane is a decent test for Jones. Will be interesting to see if he still has the same output and style with the extra weight.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I’d not seen about Till’s release, but not surprised. 5 losses in last 6 fights.

Gane is a decent test for Jones. Will be interesting to see if he still has the same output and style with the extra weight.
I actually think Francais would have been an easier fight for Jones.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Agree to an extent as in you know what you’re getting with Ngannou.

Bit disappointed in the rest of the card.
Ngannou as crazy knock out power but technically isn’t great imo and would probably av gassed out.
Yeah agree about the rest of the card.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site

I'm a big fan of Jones but I fear he's not carrying the additional weight very well and it might be a step too far.

However - he's never let me down before :ROFLMAO: Happy to be proven wrong!

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I'm a big fan of Jones but I fear he's not carrying the additional weight very well and it might be a step too far.

However - he's never let me down before :ROFLMAO: Happy to be proven wrong!
Outside the octagon I think he’s a knob.
But he’s the 🐐 for me.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Outside the octagon I think he’s a knob.
But he’s the 🐐 for me.

Same can be said for most sports people to be fair :ROFLMAO:

He's certainly one of the guys who seem to have mastered multiple forms of martial arts and blends them so well together. I know they all train across the board but Jones just does it better.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Same can be said for most sports people to be fair :ROFLMAO:

He's certainly one of the guys who seem to have mastered multiple forms of martial arts and blends them so well together. I know they all train across the board but Jones just does it better.
Yeah he’s got no weaknesses.
So Gane wins & we both look stupid 🤷‍♂️😂