Boxing/UFC 2018-24

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
As expected, same result as last time. A bit closer and Joshua had a better game plan, but shouldn’t have been a split decision.

Does Fury risk his unbeaten legacy against the much, much smaller man?

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
As expected, same result as last time. A bit closer and Joshua had a better game plan, but shouldn’t have been a split decision.

Does Fury risk his unbeaten legacy against the much, much smaller man?

Fury v Usyk...I don't think it will happen. Also not sure it's a fight that will grab massive attention when compared to AJ v Fury? Could be wrong.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Fury v Usyk...I don't think it will happen. Also not sure it's a fight that will grab massive attention when compared to AJ v Fury? Could be wrong.
I think you’re right, the money fight is probably still Joshua v Fury. Well, in the UK anyway. I also don’t think belts matter to Fury any more. However, Fury wants to be known as the best of his generation. Usyk is the only person legitimately who could question that.

I’d like to see it. Two master craftsmen. Plus, Fury has tended to struggle with smaller, quicker men previously. Cunningham another former cruiserweight dumped him heavily on his backside for example. Usyk’s movement, technique and ringcraft would make it an interesting one.

4LEX

Visit site
Belts and titles have been devalued for years and aren't worth anything. Money talks in boxing and the only fight anyone wants to see is AJ V Fury. Wembley, not some dogtrack in Saudi Arabia. Get the deal done for December.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Only just seen the bit where he threw the belts out of the ring. At last, the real Joshua comes to the fore and not the watered down, media friendly “stay-hungry” persona he puts across. I’d much prefer if he was just real all the time. Seems to say a lot of what he thinks people want to hear, rather than what he thinks.
The speech rankled me enough last night to turn off. It was Usyk’s moment in the spotlight. Didn’t need Joshua addressing the crowd j semi-gibberish and hip, hip-horaying Usyk.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Only just seen the bit where he threw the belts out of the ring. At last, the real Joshua comes to the fore and not the watered down, media friendly “stay-hungry” persona he puts across. I’d much prefer if he was just real all the time. Seems to say a lot of what he thinks people want to hear, rather than what he thinks.
The speech rankled me enough last night to turn off. It was Usyk’s moment in the spotlight. Didn’t need Joshua addressing the crowd j semi-gibberish and hip, hip-horaying Usyk.

Saw and heard all this live and it was embarrassing. Somebody in his team should have grabbed the mike. Took away the moment from Usyk and importantly, his country and country-folk (was broadcast free in Ukraine). I think it was a realisation that he, AJ, was not as good as he, and alot of, people thought, despite a complete back room overhaul. Lost 3 of his last 5 fights...

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Is the fight cancelled?
I’ve read Diaz v Ferguson is now happening.
That fight makes more sense anyway imo.
But Ferguson was already on the card so not sure ?‍♂️.
Dana tried throwing Diaz to the wolfs giving him Khamzat & it’s totally backfired now.
8lb over is embarrassing & unprofessional.