Booking.com

Colonel Bogey

Visit site
Anyone had this before

Apartment showing as available. Go though all the booking procedure and right at the death get bounced to say that payment cannot be made try another card. I've tried all my cards and different browser AND called Booking.com direct who were useless...."contact your bank" was all the clown kept on saying. Utter poo!

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
Lad has had same experience this week... Room he had reserved previously at £160 had 'mysteriously ' risen in cost to £300 and was showing as available... Not a happy bunny at all..

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I use Booking.com quite a bit. No problems with hotel bookings but, in the last year, we’ve started booking apartments. What a pain in the proverbial. Once had a price rise for incidental costs, cleaning. But have had a couple of apartments that weren’t close to what they were listed as in terms of facilities.

The complaints process was next to useless. For example, a 2 bed appt at which, on arrival, we were asked to only use one of the bedrooms and one of the bathrooms. The shower was freezing.

Instigated the complaints process. The owner denied everything. B.C took the owner’s word but refunded us £25 as a goodwill gesture. £25 out of £1200!!

Colonel Bogey

Visit site
Well after an exhausting scouring of literally 1000's of hotels and properties I think I found (another) place. Thing is. Rome must have THE MOST fantastic people living there, reading the reviews of the places. I'm shattered. Good job I've got nowt to do at work. It's taken me about 20 hours of searching. Phew ! Fingers crossed SWMBO gives it the thumbs up.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Well after an exhausting scouring of literally 1000's of hotels and properties I think I found (another) place. Thing is. Rome must have THE MOST fantastic people living there, reading the reviews of the places. I'm shattered. Good job I've got nowt to do at work. It's taken me about 20 hours of searching. Phew ! Fingers crossed SWMBO gives it the thumbs up.

Took HID there for her 50th. Stayed for 10 days at the Hotel Forum, just across the road from the Forum and a few hundred metres from the Colosseum. Typical old city centre hotel. Rooms weren’t big but more than adequate. Costs in the tourist areas could be a bit ouch, but across the river in the ‘burbs it was very cheap... €8 v €1.50 for a coffee.

Colonel Bogey

Visit site
We're looking at an apartment and have found two. Neither of which we are able to book on booking!!!!! ? Third call to them this morning (one last night) and the person is referring my account to Bookings IT. Not happy.

As an add on. My account was hacked last year and some russian in Manchester booked a two week hol in Turkey. Luckilly I saw it immediately and stopped it and informed booking. I wonder if this has got something to do with it?

Dibby

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Have you tried any of the other holiday apartment sites? It would be the logical thing to do given the number of problems you appear to be having with booking.com

Colonel Bogey

Visit site
Have you tried any of the other holiday apartment sites? It would be the logical thing to do given the number of problems you appear to be having with booking.com

Yes, but having a "genius" account knocks a bundle of money off the price. (£100!!!!)

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I am a ‘Genius’ on Booking and usually it is 10% less. However it does not apply to every booking as it depends what commission Booking receives. Sometimes I go direct to the seller/ apartment and tell them I am a genius and as they usually pay Booking 18% are happy to give a 10 % discount.

You can receive further discount if you register with Top Cashback and book via their site

Colonel Bogey

Visit site
I am a ‘Genius’ on Booking and usually it is 10% less. However it does not apply to every booking as it depends what commission Booking receives. Sometimes I go direct to the seller/ apartment and tell them I am a genius and as they usually pay Booking 18% are happy to give a 10 % discount.

You can receive further discount if you register with Top Cashback and book via their site

Great info. BUT. I've tried contacting owner through booking site and get no reply. I'm convinced they are blocking everything to foreign places. It has allowed booking in this country and a repeat booking to the same place in Portugal but everything else seems to be blocked.

Colonel Bogey

Visit site
found the place we wanted on another site so booked it through that place and got it cheaper!!!! I will have to reassess my thoughts on B.Com