Bolton Old Links

Vikingman

Head Pro
Visit site
Played in a senior's open today at Bolton Old Links. Have to say that the greens were in absolutely fantastic condition. Fast and true, the greenkeepers have done a great job.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played in a senior's open today at Bolton Old Links. Have to say that the greens were in absolutely fantastic condition. Fast and true, the greenkeepers have done a great job.

Lucky member here.

Mate, we are a real fortunate bunch up on’t moors.

The greens keepers do an amazing job. Course has been getting better and better each week for the last few years.

I think it’s possibly in the best condition of any inland course I’ve played in the NW.

How did you get on? The winds I right bugger up there at times. Regardless of the season.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
I played in summer and was mightily impressed after hearing good things.

The greens were superb but hell they were lightning quick. They were borderline unfair at times ?. I lipped out from 6 foot on one of them and just watched my ball disappear down the green.

Will definitely be back for one of the opens next year.

Vikingman

Head Pro
Visit site
Lucky member here.

Mate, we are a real fortunate bunch up on’t moors.

The greens keepers do an amazing job. Course has been getting better and better each week for the last few years.

I think it’s possibly in the best condition of any inland course I’ve played in the NW.

How did you get on? The winds I right bugger up there at times. Regardless of the season.
We got 38 points, 4BBB. It was blowing a hooley.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I played in summer and was mightily impressed after hearing good things.

The greens were superb but hell they were lightning quick. They were borderline unfair at times ?. I lipped out from 6 foot on one of them and just watched my ball disappear down the green.

Will definitely be back for one of the opens next year.
yup.

A few greens stick out as being an absolute nightmare when the speeds are up.

Special mention to 4th, 12th and 17th for being Uber hard to read, due to Dr McKenzie’s sadistic habit of optical illusion ?

simo71

Visit site
yup.

A few greens stick out as being an absolute nightmare when the speeds are up.

Special mention to 4th, 12th and 17th for being Uber hard to read, due to Dr McKenzie’s sadistic habit of optical illusion ?
Our group of 4 all failed to keep a ball on the green on the ninth! 2 pitched short and ran on, only to go straight through the back, two pitched front edge and just ended up even further off the back. Great fun though.