BMW comp in US

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
First off, hats off to Leishman.

I've been watching a bit of this and following some comments about the slow play of the ladies in the Evian I felt a bit of balance was called for. Jason Day, need I say more? Painful.

I've just seen Ricky Fowler walk to his ball and be faced with a simple pitch, about 120yds. Endless chat, reading of yardage book, yawn. More bizarrely he had driven, taken his glove off, did the whole chat, read book etc and then decided to put his glove back on dragging the whole scenario out even further.

They really do make it hard to watch at times and it makes you realise what a great job the director's do in keeping the coverage snappy.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I agree, I enjoy watching the golf, but the likes of Day, Fowler, Spieth & Rose are making it tedious viewing. Part of the problem is that they tend to concentrate on the well known names, whereas there is often much else of interest going on that is not shown so we get the whole drawn out shot process rather than being shown something of other players.

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Did you see Wesley Bryan's round? He went out first by himself and finished the round in a cool 1hr 30 mins.. Shot -2 as well. Obviously he wasn't in the running as he finished last but just shows they can play a lot lot lot quicker if they want to.

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Don't even notice I think the editing is quite good.

People find anything to complain about, especially on here :rofl:

corrupthalo

Medal Winner
Visit site
The whole Sergio hazard drop at 18 was enough for me. He practically manufacture a shot that he would have hit the stand so he gets a drop. Any mere mortal playing has to play it or take a penalty drop. But the whole time it took for the ruling etc was enough for me to turn it off

Simbo

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Did you see Wesley Bryan's round? He went out first by himself and finished the round in a cool 1hr 30 mins.. Shot -2 as well. Obviously he wasn't in the running as he finished last but just shows they can play a lot lot lot quicker if they want to.
What was the point of it though, what was he trying to prove?
He was running about the course like a loony.

Simbo

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Greg Norman played 1.24 about 20 years ago in a 2 ball! Pretty sure he got serious grief from the PGA for it for bringing the game into disrepute.

U

User62651

What was the point of it though, what was he trying to prove?
He was running about the course like a loony.

Maybe a wager with his mates, add something of interest to the round?:smirk:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
On a promise?

I miss playing team sports as that was a regular line thrown out 😁. Happy days. I'd like to think that was the case, it certainly sounds plausible. That or he had another sporting event he wanted to watch 😂. The minds of men.....................simple folk.