Bloody self righteous sods!!!

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
Just listening to the Radio (BBC Leeds) and the amount of callers they have on telling and calling people lazy for not "walking" into work!! It took me three hours on public transport to get home on Monday after finishing a 12hr night shift. I am off today but in tomorrow and start at 7am and if the ice is worse I shall not be walking the 8 miles to work and back again, if these people are that bothered about going above board for a company thats their business, bloody jobsworths. :mad:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I managed to get to the station after an hour and a half drive/walk (only going 4 miles) only to find that South West Trains couldn't be arsed to put a service on for me. When I got there at 8.00 the 7.20 hadn't come through and was estimated around 8.30. The 7.50 was running 45 minutes (at that stage) and the 8.20 was already 37 minutes behind.

Assuming the first train arrived and I could have got on (it was running only 4 instead of 8 carriages) then I wouldn't have got to Reading until well gone 9.00. No buses running the other end so another 25 minute walk on top. Say a 9.30 arrival thats 2 1/2 minimum journey time not adding in the extra stress. Having just looked at SWT's website there are loads of cancellations so the journey back would be just as hard.

Its at least a 12 mile walk so assuming 3mph and starting at 7.00 I would have got there about 11.00 and knackered. Its fine for these people to sit in a warm studio and make blase comments but its the poor individuals like Parmo and myself who actually make an effort to try and get in and can't that get tainted by the brush of those that look out the window, see its snowed and reach for the phone to call work

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Bloody youth of today.
I used to walk 14 miles to work in the mornings and 18 miles home (it was uphill) come rain or shine.
Snow? I laughed as I skipped to work.
Just get on with it and stop moaning

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Why is it I see so many people pushing bikes at the moment? Surely they are there to be ridden?
If you can't ride it in snow, wouldn't you know by now?

Bigfoot

Tour Rookie
Visit site
My wife left home early this morning( at 7) in the car to get to work (usually 35 mins) by 8. When she arrived at 8.40 she was told she would have to take some of her lieu time !!
Seems harsh when she actually made the effort.

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Exactly the same for my wife. If she can't get in due to the weather he has to take the time as holiday or unpaid leave.
I wonder if the teachers have to make up their time having closed schools for nearly a week in Sussex?