blogs

swingstar1

Assistant Pro
Visit site
can I just say how much I'm enjoying the new blogs on the site - Clive Agran and Fergus Bisset are both particularly funny. It's good to see some humourous stuff about golf as I think soemtimes we (and I include myself in that) take the game too seriously

Trueblue

Head Pro
Visit site
I totally agree with Swingstar - massively worth a read, anything that makes you laugh about this infuriating but wonderful game is just priceless and these certainly do that - also comforting to hear that others are suffering like I do!!

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
TC Chen details..

Peter, how could I refuse your request...

Having chunked a five iron towards the 1st green at Lundin I left myself with about 30 yards up a slope to a flag cut the back of the green - loads of green to work with so just a simple bump and run for anyone who has played as much links golf as I have

However for some reason I can't explain I decided to massively decelerate coming into the ball catching the ground about 6 inches behind the ball which had the effect of popping it up softly just in time for me to then nudge it forward with the toe of my 9 iron which was making its was through on an apologetic follow through.

Having taken a five minute break for us all to have hysterics I was left with 28 yards still to negotiate but this time playing my fifth shot...thankfully I got it up and down for a net bogey and 1 point