Best new smallish car

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Looking for something no bigger than Astra size, but not as small as a Citroen C1/Kia Picanto. Comfortable for 4 adult and 2 mid-size cases. Not bothered about MPG as it won't be doing many long journeys, bar the odd airport run.

Tried the Nissan Juke but little legs HID struggled getting in and out. Tried the Kia c'eed, and pleasantly surprised. Disappointed with how tinny the Clio was...

Please enlighten me oh mighty forumites

D

Deleted member 15344

Ford Focus zetec ecodrive

Superb car with loads of kit

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
No comedy moment intended but how about an Astra? Other suggestion, Seat Leon. Smaller than those will struggle with the cases you need to fit in.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have a bmw 2 series active tourer arriving this week (fingers crossed). Ticked all the boxes for me, spec of the basic model is up there with higher level competitors. Boot size is good as well which was a must for me.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I downsized to a 1.3 Fiesta a couple of years ago.......my wife has driven Fiesta's for years and they are very reliable and economical.

Once I got used to the gears I really liked it, especially on the motorways.
As Duckster says, very easy to drive.
Last year I drove from Dornoch to Glasgow without a break, nearly 5 hours. I don't think I would have done that in any of my previous cars.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Definitely in the Kia Cee'd brigade here. I have one - very comfortable, very economical, loads of goodies on board. Yep!