Bennys Lost Weekend

benny

Head Pro
Visit site
(In Tom Cruise voice) WOOOOOOOOOH! YEAH! (Fist pump, cart wheels etc)

The Mrs is taking the kiddy to her Mum and Dads place 100 miles away starting on Sunday so I have all my time to myself for a few days. Wanna be jealous of me? haha - heres my projected itiniery for the next 5 days.

Saturday. - Early rise, no work today. Get to the course for 8.30, play in the Monthly Stableford, shoot a good score for once and go home for 1.30.
Lie on the couch and watch the Cup Final. Order a massive pizza, drink lots of fat Coke, Watch PGA Tour round 3 from Sugarloaf. Bed

Sunday. - Wave the kid and Wife off. Go straight round the corner to the shop and buy Nuts and Zoo magazines and leave them lying around the house safe in the knowledge that no-ones gonna clip my ear for looking at them. Also buy white bread, Mozzerella Cheese and Maltesers for the golf later.
Go to the course and spend as much as 8 hours there, including 18 holes and lots of range time.
Get home, nice long bath, lay on the couch and watch PGA Tour round 4 from Sugar Loaf. Read Nuts. Read Zoo. Bed.

Monday - Day off work. Do a wee bit of golf shopping. New spikes, new shirt. Try them out at the course. Extensively. Play all day.
Night time - popcorn, Cocacola & Whisky, Goodfellas on DVD. Probably read them magazines again. Bed.

Tuesday - Another Day off. Hearty breakfast. Check bank account, go on golfbidder and order a new wedge. Go to club and hit some balls. 36 holes.
Watch Extras Boxset on DVD and order a pizza. Finish by watching Faldo's 1992 Open Win on DVD in preparation for the morning.

Wednesday - last day off. Hit the range in the morning. Find a medal partner at the 1st tee, compete in the medal, post another good score.
Retire to the home. Have a bath. Get into my sweats and watch the Champions Leage final.
Tidy those mags away. Bed. So long freedom....until next summer :( ;)

B

birdieman

Benny you lucky dog, sounds pretty perfect to me!

I have to wait till next weekend, have next Friday off and rest of weekend for a stag weekend playing golf at Dornoch, Brora and Boat of Garten with lashings of cold lager to boot!

Royal Dornoch is meant to be great, at Brora I hear you have to negotiate your way through the sheep droppings - ah golf as it was meant to be!

Whether my ropey back can cope with it all remains to be seen!

Happy days!

benny

Head Pro
Visit site
That sounds like a mint weekend! I'd love to play at Dornoch one time. It'll be here before you know it mate. As for Brora, You gotta love any course that forces the player to avoid animal poo as part of his/her course management :)
I used to play at municipal called Lebberston and all the Canadian Geese would roost there before migrating. The amount of frozen Goose shite on those greens last winter meant it was more like pinball half your time.

mick

Assistant Pro
Visit site
i'm off on holiday with HID early hours monday morning car shopping tommorow,hoping to get a round in sunday but it doesn't look good benny i want your weekend.only had nine holes today aswell

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
18 holes with my son t'mora 1420.
18 holes Sunday 8am
ALL next week off work. Not decided what i'm doing yet but definately watching champ league final with a crate.

I'm not jealous :cool:

If you want to paly 18 holes, i'm up for it :D