Ben Hogan Golf Clubs

Wolf

Visit site
Got a birthday coming up in August and I fancy a new set of irons, something that looks aesthetically pleasing and feels good to. Plus this will then maybe with the exception of adding a driving iron to my set up, will complete my bag for the foreseeable. There's nothing wrong with the clubs I have but as always tempted by something shiny...

I've been drawn to Ben Hogan irons, namely either the PTX Pro or the Fort Worths (white finish as they call it)

See a few reviews and they're tslke dof pretty well by the reviewers.

I had some Hogan Apex back in the 90s in my late junior years and loved them, but obviously they're now a Callaway brand and Ben Hogan is now run as a different company and manufacturer.

Wondered if anyone had any experience of the clubs or knows someone that has to find out their thoughts.

https://benhogangolf.com/products/ft-worth-white-irons

https://benhogangolf.com/products/ptx-pro-irons

Wolf

Visit site
Never seen them before. They look nice I guess. Didn't you just get those BenRoss ones a couple of months ago? :D
Yeah I did and absolutely nothing wrong with them and I will keep them and use them, but I want new shiny set to use and have the Benross as a back up set can have a set I use like the Hogan through the summer months and and the Benross more forgiving in the winter months for that odd thin shot 🤣

Plus the draw of a forged iron and something that's a little different is massive

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Yes, look lovely. If it doesn't break the bank, go ahead and treat yourself.
If you don't , you'll always be wondering what such irons ( blades, muscleback, forged iron)are like.
No doubt, when you hit an iron like that proper, it's a lovely feeling.
Best of luck!

Wolf

Visit site
I thought this was a decent review.

That's the best review I've seen on them, couldn't stand watching the Rick Shiels one he gets in my tits after a while.

Yes, look lovely. If it doesn't break the bank, go ahead and treat yourself.
If you don't , you'll always be wondering what such irons ( blades, muscleback, forged iron)are like.
No doubt, when you hit an iron like that proper, it's a lovely feeling.
Best of luck!

I remember how I loved my old Hogan irons, and I am being drawn to hear even more so likely will pull the trigger for myself as a birthday present plus I like the fact their not a mainstream brand to

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The only thing that I dont like is that it's internet sales only. Would I chance liking/disliking them, without trying them first probably no.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
That's the best review I've seen on them, couldn't stand watching the Rick Shiels one he gets in my tits after a while.

Better not watch his review of the new Wilson Staff irons then, might sway your choice. :)

And in other news this week, Gary Woodland's win at the US Open continued a remarkable run for the great Wilson brand; a Major winner using their irons in every decade since the 1920s.
Over 60 Major winners all told, pretty impressive.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Not used them personally but an opponent in a club match had the predecessor which had the loft on the sole rather than a designated number and he was extremely impressed with them.

Not sure on the white but the black I could be tempted by...

Wolf

Visit site
Better not watch his review of the new Wilson Staff irons then, might sway your choice. :)

And in other news this week, Gary Woodland's win at the US Open continued a remarkable run for the great Wilson brand; a Major winner using their irons in every decade since the 1920s.

I saw those on a review a whole back and they are simply stunning. The hogan's are tempting me more though especially the price.

But the only available online is a stumbling block, may see if I can get a demo through the demo option they offer for a small depsoit 🤔

Not used them personally but an opponent in a club match had the predecessor which had the loft on the sole rather than a designated number and he was extremely impressed with them.

Not sure on the white but the black I could be tempted by...
Got to admit I like the idea of the loft rather than club number something old school about it.

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
I had a set of the Ft Worth irons about 2/3 years ago

Regretted getting shot of them ever since, really great clubs and not particularly difficult to hit given they are “blades”

Fair chance I’ll end up with another set at some point!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Trouble is that is basking in the glories of a different company/manufacturer who is just using the name.

Not that there is anything wrong with what the current company produces.

Wolf

Visit site
I had a set of the Ft Worth irons about 2/3 years ago

Regretted getting shot of them ever since, really great clubs and not particularly difficult to hit given they are “blades”

Fair chance I’ll end up with another set at some point!
How did you find the feel and quality of the irons. I'm really edging towards them at moment

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
How did you find the feel and quality of the irons. I'm really edging towards them at moment

As good as anything really, like any club of that kind they feel very nice when you hit them well.

I was impressed with them, can’t really remember why I got rid now but wish I hadn’t!!!