Belek golf / titanic deluxe

Brizo1411

Visit site
Got this booked this year with family, June for 2 weeks.

I’m the only golfer going and wondering how to book a round etc

Hoping to get a few rounds in over the fortnight.

Was debating hiring equipment or if too costly taking my own ?

Has anyone stayed here before ? If so was it decent ?

Thanks for any advice

PaulyMcK

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I've not been to that hotel, but stayed in the area for a Golf holiday before, you will enjoy it, family will enjoy it too. The resorts are excellent, weather is perfect too.

Would recommend early as possible tee of times, the heat is unreal around 1pm afterwords and also hire a buggy! If you are booked in alone, you will likely be matched up with others on the tee sheet, so halving the cost of the buggy too. Plenty of the courses run transfers from hotels to and back which is included in the green fees. We all took our own clubs, was only an extra £30 or so, this allows you to pack as much as you need in the golf club travel bag.

Enjoy!

Brizo1411

Visit site
I've not been to that hotel, but stayed in the area for a Golf holiday before, you will enjoy it, family will enjoy it too. The resorts are excellent, weather is perfect too.

Would recommend early as possible tee of times, the heat is unreal around 1pm afterwords and also hire a buggy! If you are booked in alone, you will likely be matched up with others on the tee sheet, so halving the cost of the buggy too. Plenty of the courses run transfers from hotels to and back which is included in the green fees. We all took our own clubs, was only an extra £30 or so, this allows you to pack as much as you need in the golf club travel bag.

Enjoy!
Ah some good info there paul thanks.

Seen a couple of reviews saying it wasn’t too good, so was hoping for some good :)

How much are the green fees roughly... I’m going all inc so trying to work out spends

Can’t find much online at all and the hotel hasn’t replied after a couple of attempts at asking

Cheers

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
So few things here Brian,

Titanic, it's an ok resort - not one of the best I'm afraid, and is quite far out relative to the other resorts (sitting across the river - shuttle boats to the beach needed).

You are also going "off season" for a lot of the courses and will find many closed for maintenance and some in mid maintenance.
I went in June last year and had originally been booked to play a few places but had to cancel following injury. When I booked them in Aug 17 (for playing June 18), Montgomery and Carya were both closed.
PGA Sultan was also undergoing maintenance.

Green fees range from around €45 up to €150 depending on where you want to play and how much you want to pay. Unless you really like the sun, in June you will probably want to play really early (I used to tee off at 0700) or later in the afternoon, otherwise you can easily find yourself in the teeth of 38-40 degree heat - not good even in a buggy.

As for pairing up, I have played probably 11 or 12 times in Turkey and never had to pair up. Always been solo when I have booked on my own. I used Bilyana every time as they organise air conditioned shuttle bus pick-ups and are local in Belek.

Recommendations from what I have played would be PGA Sultan (if it's open), Gloria Old, Montgomery (if open), PGA Pasha, Sueno Pines (Dunes is ok, but pines has the better greens (9 and 18 are island type greens right in front of the hotel)) and Carya (if open - and in budget €130 when I played).

Titanic, I am afraid it was pretty poor when I played. Poor layout and greens that were a bit ropey. Same goes for the National Golf Club (Ada and Tuna courses when I played).

Nice enough for a quick hack around but not paying €50+ for a green fee.

Belek itself is lovely though. We are out there in June too (last week) at the newly refurbished Voyage (stayed there 2017 and it was awesome), Gloria last year and it was also superb.

Got kids? Get them out to Land of Legends. It's mental!

Edit to add, take your own clubs. Its no more than £80 return with most airlines and you have your own gear. Rentals were about €30 per round so if you are looking at 3 rounds its more expensive and you are using gear you aren't used to. Never liked hire clubs.

Last edited:

Brizo1411

Visit site
So few things here Brian,

Titanic, it's an ok resort - not one of the best I'm afraid, and is quite far out relative to the other resorts (sitting across the river - shuttle boats to the beach needed).

You are also going "off season" for a lot of the courses and will find many closed for maintenance and some in mid maintenance.
I went in June last year and had originally been booked to play a few places but had to cancel following injury. When I booked them in Aug 17 (for playing June 18), Montgomery and Carya were both closed.
PGA Sultan was also undergoing maintenance.

Green fees range from around €45 up to €150 depending on where you want to play and how much you want to pay. Unless you really like the sun, in June you will probably want to play really early (I used to tee off at 0700) or later in the afternoon, otherwise you can easily find yourself in the teeth of 38-40 degree heat - not good even in a buggy.

As for pairing up, I have played probably 11 or 12 times in Turkey and never had to pair up. Always been solo when I have booked on my own. I used Bilyana every time as they organise air conditioned shuttle bus pick-ups and are local in Belek.

Recommendations from what I have played would be PGA Sultan (if it's open), Gloria Old, Montgomery (if open), PGA Pasha, Sueno Pines (Dunes is ok, but pines has the better greens (9 and 18 are island type greens right in front of the hotel)) and Carya (if open - and in budget €130 when I played).

Titanic, I am afraid it was pretty poor when I played. Poor layout and greens that were a bit ropey. Same goes for the National Golf Club (Ada and Tuna courses when I played).

Nice enough for a quick hack around but not paying €50+ for a green fee.

Belek itself is lovely though. We are out there in June too (last week) at the newly refurbished Voyage (stayed there 2017 and it was awesome), Gloria last year and it was also superb.

Got kids? Get them out to Land of Legends. It's mental!

Edit to add, take your own clubs. Its no more than £80 return with most airlines and you have your own gear. Rentals were about €30 per round so if you are looking at 3 rounds its more expensive and you are using gear you aren't used to. Never liked hire clubs.
That’s some good info there, pity about hotel :-(

Might even look into changing it as I’ve seen a few comments regarding it, but they were great at the Tim if booking.

Yeah there will be kids... will check that place out

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site

Be interested to see what you think of the refurbed Voyage.

I've been there the last two years with 15 others from my club (we go in May) but this year the price has shot up for our "normal deal"....so this year I think we are going to stay at The Gloria.

Shame you didn't enjoy the National....its one of my favorites out there...but hey ho...we all find something different in a golf course (though I think I played a different 18 out of the 27 to you) ....I wasn't overly overwhelmed by The Carya when I played it!!!

Jon321

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Off to turkey in a months time. It’ll be about the 7th time I’ve been and haven’t found a course I didn’t like yet. Favourites are defiantly the sultan, monty, national and Carya. Not sure on individual green fees though as we always have them as part of a package.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site

I've been there the last two years with 15 others from my club (we go in May) but this year the price has shot up for our "normal deal"....so this year I think we are going to stay at The Gloria.

Shame you didn't enjoy the National....its one of my favorites out there...but hey ho...we all find something different in a golf course (though I think I played a different 18 out of the 27 to you) ....I wasn't overly overwhelmed by The Carya when I played it!!!

Carya is an outstanding layout and was in suoerb condition when i played it. I found the National too samey across the 18 holes. No standout hole that I can remember.

Gloria Gold is a superb resort. Harem the world cuisine restaurant was excellent.
If I ever get back to playing I really want to try Lyka Links. It looks decent.

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site

There's about 30 of us going to the Gloria in late May, never been before so really looking forward to it, we have 6 rounds booked over the 7 days, what dates in May are your group going ?

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Carya is an outstanding layout and was in suoerb condition when i played it. I found the National too samey across the 18 holes. No standout hole that I can remember.

Gloria Gold is a superb resort. Harem the world cuisine restaurant was excellent.
If I ever get back to playing I really want to try Lyka Links. It looks decent.

Played the Lykia Links last year. Yes it is excellent and yes it will beat you severely if you are not on your game.

A society before us played off the Golds thinking they are similar to the Yellows...but at 6950 odd yards they just didn't enjoy themselves at all. We played off the Blues at around 6450 yrds and it was tough enough but manageable for a group of golfers whos handicaps ranged from 7 to 24.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
There's about 30 of us going to the Gloria in late May, never been before so really looking forward to it, we have 6 rounds booked over the 7 days, what dates in May are your group going ?

were going 18th may for a week, but I guessed at the wrong resort....were going to the Cornelia Deluxe.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Green fees range from around €45 up to €150 depending on where you want to play and how much you want to pay.
I've only ever been to Belek in May and October, and in the last few years I've never seen a green fee less than €90, and that's only for the less prestigious courses :eek:. The top courses like the Sultan, Monty and Carya will sting you for about €130. But maybe the height of summer is off season and the fees are less? If you can, get the golf included in the holiday package - then you might get it a bit cheaper. Note that you'll also have to pay about €35 for a buggy on top of the green fee - unless you want to walk/stagger in the heat.

Never stayed at the Titanic or played that course, but as a rule all the courses in Belek are of a good standard and well maintained. Some are better than others, but the starting point is not bad at all.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've only ever been to Belek in May and October, and in the last few years I've never seen a green fee less than €90, and that's only for the less prestigious courses :eek:. The top courses like the Sultan, Monty and Carya will sting you for about €130. But maybe the height of summer is off season and the fees are less? If you can, get the golf included in the holiday package - then you might get it a bit cheaper. Note that you'll also have to pay about €35 for a buggy on top of the green fee - unless you want to walk/stagger in the heat.

Never stayed at the Titanic or played that course, but as a rule all the courses in Belek are of a good standard and well maintained. Some are better than others, but the starting point is not bad at all.

May and October are higher season than June/July. I paid €45 plus €30 buggy for the National and €55 plus buggy for Gloria Old both in July. Monty I paid €120 and Carya was €135.
So yes, whilst €90 may very well be the fees in the more peak months, some bargains can be had when no one wants to play in 40°C+ heat.