Belek Advice

Visit site
Can anyone recommend hotels and courses in the Belek area? With so many options available we aren't sure where to start.

Looks like there will be a group of 6-8 of us going out there in mid October for 5 nights.

Thanks in advance

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm not aware of any "bad" hotels or courses in Belek.

All the hotels are at least good. The best ones are probably the Regnum Carya, Maxx Royal and Gloria Serenity.

All the courses are well maintained. My personal favourite is the Sultan. Lykia is different and interesting, but a pain to get to. Many like the National but I didn't - probably because it beat me up!

Of course there are loads of hotels and courses I've not experienced. No doubt others will be along with their own recommendations.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Had a golfing holiday at The Titanic and a family holiday at The Voyage Golf and Spa this year. Despite the name, there was only a handful of golfers at the Voyage and it was 99% families in October. Titanic had loads of golfers in May.

Unless you are millionaires, forget the Maxx Royal, it was 2k per per person for a week in October. The Voyage is next door, a great hotel, and half the price. Saying that, if I was going back for a golfing break, I'd go back to Titanic as it is much more lively on an evening, the sports bar is packed with golfers. It's also open 24 hours ...

Can't really comment on courses as we only played Titanic and Nobilis. Titanic has 27 holes and while not the best in Belek, it's far better than the courses we played in Portugal the year before. Nobilis is also decent, I'd say a step up from Titanic, but you probably don't want to stay there as it's 80% Germans.

You will find that October is peak season for golf, and £100-£150 a round is the norm if booking yourself.

Best thing to do is to play companies off against each other to drive the price down. I did this with Golf Breaks and Bilyana, and got the price for the package down by a fair bit by asking them to beat each others quotes.

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
28 of us stayed at Gloria Golf in May of this year, couldn't fault it. we played Lykia Links, Gloria Old, Carya & Sultan, all good courses. I have no idea about the pricing of each but our whole trip was exceptional value.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
As said above...you cant really go wrong.

I've been 4 times and stayed at the Voyage and the Cornelia Delux(?)....Voyage is much better.

As for the courses, the best are probably the Carya and the Sultan and if you want to have your golfing arse handed to you on a plate then by all means have a thrash round the Lykia Links on a windy day.

Personal favourites apart from the above though, are the National (a lovely undulating course that winds through eucalyptus and pine trees) and the Pasha (not long but needs thinking your way around).

Visit site
Stayed in Cornelia Diamond, stunning place and played the attached Faldo course 3 times and it was brutal. Both course and the hot weather.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not really a bad course out there, just some are way better than others. My favourite is the Carya. If you want extra golf from what you get with your package then book it before you get out there. It will be cheaper this way.