Beat the Pro NTP... On Tour

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I know many of us will have taken part in a 'beat the pro nearest the pin' type comp (normally when its one pro against 3 am's) but what do you think of it being televised as part of the actual tour event as it was yesterday at the KLM (& will be again on Saturday)

For those that didn't see, on the short par 3 135m hole various selected club golfers took their turn to try and beat the 3 pro's in each group with the amateur needing to get closer than all 3 pros to win some flights

The pro's seemed to enjoy it without distracting them from the job in hand, the club golfers obviously did (even the ones that duffed their shots) and the watching crowd gave plenty of encouragement too

I thought it was a nice change from the norm and showed in stark reality how a bit of pressure can melt a competent amateurs swing to something resembling liquid fudge such that even cat 1 players were duffing their shots

dufferman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I am watching the highlights on Sky Sports & just seen a 17 year 3 handicapper almost shank the ball.

It really can turn a competent golfer into a bag of nerves! She looked quite embarrassed afterwards. Not sure I could do any better to be fair!!

Lazkir

Head Pro
Visit site
That 13 year old 5 handicapper showed them how it was done. Didn't manage to beat one of the pro's but kept his composure and his swing together.

I enjoyed it, would like to see more.

351DRIVER

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
As a non professional golfer being asked to hit a ball in front of a big gallery for the first time is scary as hell

I have only ever had this experience one time, I was over the ball wondering if i could make a backswing, several thousand people watching, being announced and TV cameras will do that to you

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Saw the 4 h/c Tom tank it straight over the galleries.... He had a smile on his face and apparently Luiten came over to him and said don't worry, I've done that plenty of times..... Nice to see.....