Bargains in Guitars and stuff.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ovations used to be very popular in the 70/80 had a plastic round back.

Very similar to the Tanglewood then with the plastic back and the styling around the soundhole is exactly the same

I will admit to not knowing much about makes etc and have relied on my pal (who is a VERY good classicaly trained player) to point me in the right direction.

In fact he talked me out of getting one of these bad boys until i had got back to grips with the basics...

19075_Limited_Edition_Les_Paul_Custom_Pro_TE_13041515786_1.jpg

the spoilsport

ha

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
Long time since I bought any guitars. Have a few around the house though. 2 real bargains.

One is a Marlin Sidewinder. Got it for £30 about 17 years ago. Probably one of the nicest guitars I have to play. Good action, good sound and feedback was unreal and could be "tuned" using the floating bridge. No real value to it but a work horse of a guitar. Managed to smash the jack through the body after a particularly energetic gig, fixed with a bit of glue and large metal washer :D.

The other was a Les Paul and Chet Aktins electro semiacoustic. Picked up both for £400 sold the Chet Atkin for £350 leaving me with a Les Paul for £50. Proper mahogany body but the previous owner had resprayed it and changed all the electrics. It's actually a 1970's Deluxe model that had 3 pickups. Mint condition would be worth a pretty penny but alas is only worth a few hundred at best. Currently sitting in it's case and is in need of massive amount of work. Full rewire and set-up required. Life time goal will be to restore it. Weighs a ton!

Last edited:
C

c1973

Had a lovely Simon & Patrick Cedar acoustic (forget the actual model), Lovely tone.
Also had a nice black Fender Strat, as well as a black no name parlour acoustic (lovely bright sound out of that one and it probably only cost about 20 quid!)

Regret selling two of them (gave the parlour away for free) ,especially the Simon & Patrick. Got a lot of bang for the buck from that guitar, it was great value for money.

MarkE

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I have a Schecter V1 custom V, with Duncan designed pickups. Matt black with all black hardware. Superb guitar for Metal.

A Mexican Strat. Again a lovely guitar to play, but am looking to upgrade the pickups, all stock at the mo and are the only thing to let it down.

Also an old Aria Electro acoustic which I never plug in.

Last edited:

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
These things are like buses....

Bought my first last week, now a second has just arrived on my lap....

tanglewood-guitars-tsb59-na-2.gif

Mate at work offered me it for £50. Could not say no.

Text message to the wife shortly after

"Guess what love, mate at work is giving me a FREE guitar!!!.........."

Ha

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Used to have 7 guitars:

2005_0717Image0042.jpg

Fender US Strat
Fenix -Frankenstrat - Fenix Strat body, Wilkinson Trem, Bareknuckle Miracle Man in the bridge (best pickup ever!) and a DiMarzio something or other in the neck. MIRRORED pick guard and locking tuners. Absolute beast of a guitar.
Washburn WR150 - first guitar I bought
Taylor Big Baby
Martin LX Mini (similar thing to what Ed Sheeran now uses, but I had one before they were cool ;))

2004_1203Image0030.jpg

Japanese Fender Telecaster - lovely guitar

DSC00713a.jpg

Custom built Morgan Guitar Works Merlin - 10A Maple Top, one piece mahogany body, rosewood neck, custom wound pickups from Bareknuckle (not available to buy) and all sorts of other bling. Bought this as a present to myself for my 21st birthday.

Sold all of them with the exception of the Strat.

And now have a Taylor GS Mini as my acoustic.

I miss every single one, but I don't really play guitar much any more, so couldn't justify keeping them :(