Ball position

Ian_Bristol

Head Pro
Visit site
Any help please . I have always had a problem with slicing off the tee but last Friday I went out on my own to try different things anyway I moved the ball towards the middle if my stance and the ball went straight left of target being I was on my own I reloaded and kept moving the ball slightly foward until I hit straight. The position was basically where I would use a 5 iron is this ok or will I find it creates another problem.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Any help please . I have always had a problem with slicing off the tee but last Friday I went out on my own to try different things anyway I moved the ball towards the middle if my stance and the ball went straight left of target being I was on my own I reloaded and kept moving the ball slightly foward until I hit straight. The position was basically where I would use a 5 iron is this ok or will I find it creates another problem.
It would depend if your five iron position is correct.

Theres no right or wrong everyone’s different , if you find you hit it better there then carry on.

I tend to play all my irons from the centre of my stance ,and my woods from my left chest pocket.
Just experiment to find your own best positions.
There are rule of thumb positioning but they are not set in stone.

Spuddy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I think most consistency is found when the ball position is the same for every club (bar driver), relative to the left heel. What should change is your ball position relative to the right heel which will move it further back relative to the centre of your stance as you go to shorter clubs and a narrower stance. Obviously this is for standard shots only and not low runners etc