Ball position with hybrid

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
I've had a 19* hybrid for a number of years, but have always struggled to hit it well so it has not had much use. I can hit my long irons quite well, so it hasnt bothered me that much, but I would like to get confident with it as it should be a good club off the tee and into the reachable par 5's.

Now I have had a few lessons recently so my swing is feeling much more solid, so took it to the range today to give it a bash. First few shots werent great, so I tried moving the ball back in my stance to about where my 7 iron would be. Instantly much better, good flight, length and direction. Could it really be as simple as I had the ball too far forward?

Hopefully the answer is yes and I have a new club to play with without spending any money. I do also have regular lessons booked, so will no doubt be looking at this there too.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I find that if the ball is too far forward with a hybrid the everyone 30 yards left of my target needs to take cover.
Put it in the "normal" mid iron slot, hit slightly down ( much like an iron) and it works perfectly.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
well we will find out on the course on Saturday. First hole is a short par 4, which I usually take 6 iron to leave 100 yards ish in. Nothing like trying something straight off the first tee