Ball bounced out of hole

Pro_V_wan_kenobi

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Ok this is wierd... Playing in a four ball yesterday. I hole out fron 100 yards for a 4 (had some trouble with a siver birch). Before I can retrieve the ball my playing partner does the same for a three, straight in the hole, no bounce but it bounces out. Bu@@er. Got up to the green and its my ball on the green, his had knocked my ball out of the hole. My score didn't matter but what is the decision? Does my 4 stand.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I think it does stand as your ball was at rest at the bottom of the cup below ground level. Once its at rest below the level of the green its considered holed and that's the end of that hole for you.

Swinger

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Wow, did that really happen?

Never heard of anything like that happening even without the ball bouncing out.

I'd agree with Imurg on the score but you would have to be sure the ball was at the bottom of the cup. There may be an argument for you not knowing if it was just under the lip of the cup resting against the pin or something.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Provided your playing partners are happy that yours was holed then yours still counts. You can't know if it was fully in the hole unless you were there or someone witnessed that it wasn't.

Pro_V_wan_kenobi

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Wow, did that really happen?

Never heard of anything like that happening even without the ball bouncing out.

I'd agree with Imurg on the score but you would have to be sure the ball was at the bottom of the cup. There may be an argument for you not knowing if it was just under the lip of the cup resting against the pin or something.

Yes it really happened! I wonder, what will happen next? :D

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Once the ball goes below ground level, it is holed out, whether or not it later bounces out, is knocked out by another ball or anything else. Congratulations on your unusual 4.

SharkAttack

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
It would have to count after it was below ground level otherwise you wouldn't be able to retrieve your ball once you had holed out, even after a putt.