Bag tubes

Grumps

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Sick of the clubs getting tangled in the bag so was thinking of getting some of the bag tubes
but
someone has said they ruin the shafts of the clubs anyone used them ?

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
In the days of mostly steel, I used bag tubes.
My understanding is that they're not so good for graphite.

I hope someone will clear this up, not that I need tubes with 14-way bags.

Range_Ball

Club Champion
Visit site
I have just ditched my bag tubes to be honest they are a pain. Pulling the club out of the bag when it is a bag tube normally you pull out another tube with another club so for me they are not great. Has for graphite clubs they do mark the shafts where they rub when you take them out.

Regards

RB

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
tried them for a while in a bag that didn't have many dividers. weren't much better as you pulled out the tube with the club and then had to separate them,
oh, and if you have anything more than skinny grips, forget it.

and yes, they will mark graphite (but then so does any bag!) - I think you would need the use them for a long time to do any real damage.

just wish 'full length divider' actually meant it

Dingle

Medal Winner
Visit site
I loved my bag tubes. Kept my bag organised, made it look neat and tidy.

Yes sometimes you pull a club out and the tube is attached, but so what? Golf is the most annoying sport in the universe, and a tube attached to a club is nothing in comparison.

I got rid of mine and brought a bag with individual dividers when I moved to graphite shafts as they do mark them and thats never good.

If I had steel shafts, I wouldnt have bothered buying a new bag and carried on with the little black tubes of love

Fyldewhite

Tour Winner
www.blackpoolparkgc.co.uk
Another vote for them being a pain I'm afraid. They add weight if you carry and don't actually help that much. One of those things that looks like a fantastic idea but in practice aren't half as good as you think they'll be.