Ask Barney Anything...

Scoobiesnax

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Ok here's my swing video again that I posted on the weekend... My question would be, what's the simplest thing I could do or change to make it more consistent? Or just better. :LOL:

Thanks for this. (y)

I'd stick my dodgy swing up on here if it wasn't for the fact I'm wearing ropey slippers & tracksuit bottoms! :ROFLMAO:

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
What is the best drill to increase shoulder turn for a senior golfer lacking In flexibility. Following on because of lack of shoulder turn, distance is reduced along with ‘coming over the top’.

What is the solution please?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Monty tells us that trying to 'find your game' immediately prior to going out for a round is a complete waste of time. He reckons we should just hit a couple of balls with a few clubs (or all of them) to warm up. Forget the idea of getting into the groove as you'll not find it if it isn't already there. Is he right?

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
OK, you have an 'all arms' golf swing, with very little turn.

Yep, its something I've been working on since I did those vids last year.

But.....

You waggle up and down, when it should be back and forwards, Duffner style.

I said you could criticise my swing, I didn't say anything about my waggle! Actually that could be the next HNSP thread, what is the correct way to waggle, and do you need to be custom fitted?:unsure:

Visit site
What is the most effective way for an amateur to lose the most handicap shots in the shortest time ?
What is the most effective way for an amateur to lose the most handicap shots in the shortest time ?

Hi Chris
For me the quickest way is to sharpen up your short game. Start by working on your putting , especially the holing out skills so setting up 4 tees around the hole with an uphill , a downhill, a right to left and a left to right putt and get to the point you can hole say 10 out of 12 and you are just 2 shy of Tour standard ! Move onto chipping and pitching and book a lesson with your local Professional to ensure your technique is on point .

Visit site
How much does your dominant eye effect putting; alignment, stroke, and the putter head you should choose?
How much does your dominant eye effect putting; alignment, stroke, and the putter head you should choose?

Hi James ,

The stats say around 75 % of golfers are right eye dominant and often the challenge is that the player can twist the stance open to allow the eye to see the target. For me a key bit of kit is a putting mirror and then you can work on getting your eyes level at address . For left eye dominant like Tiger for instance keeping the eyes level is probably easier. Generally I have found players evolve a stroke and clearly some are more of an arc whereas some favour a more straight back straight through look. My suggestion is look at face balanced putters first when choosing as I always think they have less margin for error , however there is trial and error in this part of the game !