Ask Barney Anything...

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
This week (from Wednesday to Friday) we’ll be running an Ask Me Anything session with one of our Top 25 coaches, Barney Puttick. Barney has been coaching for over 35 years, has given 50,000 hours of lessons and has been the pro at Mid Herts since 2000.

Among his claims to fame are working under Ian Connelly, who was Nick Faldo’s original coach, and tying for third in a 36-hole tournament in Cannes with Greg Norman where the winner was Corey Pavin.

So feel free to quiz Barney on your swing (post videos if you’re happy to), your clubs, your mental game or anything that’s on your golfing mind and he will respond over the three days with his nuggets.

You can start asking now and we'll get going on Wednesday with some replies... thanks

Attachments

• Barney.png
    Barney.png
    364.2 KB · Views: 1

Boomy

Visit site
I’d post a video of my swing for analysis.. but I don’t want to be told the best thing I can do is melt my irons down and fettle them into darts ?

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I continually fight a tendency to align myself/my feet way right of target on full shots. I pick a spot in front of the ball, look up when in position and think I’m fine, but lay a club down and my feet...

Any alignment tricks/techniques to prevent this please?! Many thanks ??

Golfnut1957

Visit site
I continually fight a tendency to align myself/my feet way right of target on full shots. I pick a spot in front of the ball, look up when in position and think I’m fine, but lay a club down and my feet...

Any alignment tricks/techniques to prevent this please?! Many thanks ??
Drives me mad, I always practise with an alignment aid but as soon as I remove it, bam, I go all skew whiff. It's almost as if I'm wired up wrong.

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
How has the golf swing changed over the last 35 years? Faldo V1 , Faldo V2, Daly, Tiger, Stack and tilt, x factor, George Gankas, Bryson. How have your teaching principles changed from then to now?

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
At what point should a player start considering moving away from "game improvement" irons towards muscle back forged irons?

Whats your favourite post round tipple?

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
What's the best way to bring the club face back square to the ball with acceleration in the hitting area so that the ball goes the required distance to the landing area?

D

Deleted member 21258

If you only have time for one thing before teeing off should you :- practise putting or have a few swings ? ( or have a bacon roll and sit down:whistle:)

How do you block out your mum talking on your shots:LOL:

For juniors who play for fun, should you encourage them to swing it fast to hit it long whilst young or shorter & accurate ?

What current pro would you like a lesson from and why ?