Apollo golf shafts - any experiences

MashieNiblick

Tour Winner
Visit site
I remember them from way back. Made by Accles and Pollock I think - hence Apollo but could be wrong on that. Think they were a UK company. Use to be a decent shaft found in lots of clubs, but they seemed to disappear when TT became more popular. Think A&P had other interests as well not just golf shafts.

Don't know about their recent history. Have they been relaunched?

Last edited:

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Don't know about relaunched MN, just looking at tinkering with a winter set and found some reasonably prices heads and was looking around at shafts and seen these comparably priced to TT and had never heard of them.

Craw, I will steer clear if they are that bad :thup:

Cheers

MashieNiblick

Tour Winner
Visit site
Apollo Shafts

Was that meant? :mad:;)

Not intended but maybe subliminal. :lol:

As they were a bit of a blast (intended!) from the past I did a quick Google and found this.

http://www.apollogolfshaft.com/history.php

I
nteresting to read that the original parent co (Accles and Pollock) patented the first tubular steel golf shaft in 1913 and the later tie up with TT (originally American Fork & Hoe!).

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Only ones I've tried were pathetic. Not sure which flavour they were, but they felt cheap and nasty.

Another case of UK invention being overtaken by US marketing (and might)?

Essex_Stu

Tour Rookie
Visit site
My pro put one in my PW and it was gash. No feel to it and completly ruined the feel of the club so swapped it out for a DG R300. Oh and it gathered rust spots very quickly as well.