Anyone played Woldingham GC?

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hey up,

I'm sorting out the annual journey south for H4H and as previous years the North East contingent will be playing on the Sunday before Tandridge. We'll be staying at the premier Inn in Reigate. I've looked at a few courses that are not to far away from the road travelled and Woldingham has caught the eye, so was wondering if anyone had played there and what it was like.

Cheers

brfcfan

Visit site
That wouldnt be my choice, its a typical pay and play. I would take a look at Westerham which is about a 10 min drive further than Tandridge. Its part of the same group of courses as the Woldingham but a better test of golf and a lot more aesthetically pleasing.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
That wouldnt be my choice, its a typical pay and play. I would take a look at Westerham which is about a 10 min drive further than Tandridge. Its part of the same group of courses as the Woldingham but a better test of golf and a lot more aesthetically pleasing.
I'd second that. Played Westerham in February and at that time of year, was still in better condition that Woldingham which i'd played in the summer.

£25 for a round and a buggy in twilight is good value imo.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played Woldingham when it was in its infancy, and it was "ok", and played Westerham last week in our winter league away day. I have to say Westerham is by far the better course, and a much more interesting course.
The course was in an excellent condition, with the only gripe being an amount of unrepaired pitch marks, and makes use of the ground elevations very well
It is definately a course I would happily return to.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
looking at the course gallery Westerham does look "more aesthetically pleasing" :)
Played it yesterday and it was in excellent condition with a lot of good work being done around the course.
You also have Hever just down the road 🤗
I thought I saw somewhere that someone was looking to put together something there as an option for the Sun pm - may have been mistaken.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Another no for The Woldingham; had a corporate membership for a while, it was okay but nothing more. Westerham is better.

Don't fancy slumming it at my place then...

arnieboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Another vote for Westerham although you wouldn't be disappointed if you ended up at Hever. We played Bletchingley some time ago and it was ok and not far from Reigate.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Woldingham alright (its part of the same group as surrey national and westerham), surrey nationals ok, but I'd go with Westerham if those are your choices although as of late it is has been very busy.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Hey up,

I'm sorting out the annual journey south for H4H and as previous years the North East contingent will be playing on the Sunday before Tandridge. We'll be staying at the premier Inn in Reigate. I've looked at a few courses that are not to far away from the road travelled and Woldingham has caught the eye, so was wondering if anyone had played there and what it was like.

Cheers

They have just lost a lot of members to our club as they were fed up with the conditions.

If you’re playing the Addington, a good warm up would be Addington palace or westerham

Badger

Assistant Pro
Visit site
apologies, just noticed this thread.

i'd previously mentioned that there is nothing in the diary at Hever on Sun 22nd. Wasn't planning anything formal but would be happy to host anyone travelling down who fancied a warm up for the big day.