Anyone played Luton Hoo before?

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
I played it yesterday to give me an idea of what it’s like. I enjoyed it. The lack of bunkers is odd but I think it gives you a much better chance of scoring well. I didn’t play particularly great and missed a lot of putts I’ve been making recently, and still got 39 points. Greens were quick and in very good condition. Very much like a heathland course - flat and dry.

I parred that 240yd par 3 :cool:

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I played it yesterday to give me an idea of what it’s like. I enjoyed it. The lack of bunkers is odd but I think it gives you a much better chance of scoring well. I didn’t play particularly great and missed a lot of putts I’ve been making recently, and still got 39 points. Greens were quick and in very good condition. Very much like a heathland course - flat and dry.

I parred that 240yd par 3 :cool:
All heathland courses are not flat. Have you played Camberley, Hindhead or Swinley ?

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Or Blackmoor, Sunningdales, Wentworth (East is still reasonably Heathy), The Berkshire (both). In fact, Heathland courses seem to me to be naturally quite hilly!

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Nothing like a heathland course IMO. It's OK for what it is, the hotel's nice but the course is distinctly average

D

Deleted member 15344

Luton Hoo is a parkland and not a great one , certainly nothing like a Heathland course

londonlewis

Tour Rookie
www.golfdrawer.com
I played it a few times last year. We got rained off the course the first time after 6 so the chaps in the pro shop were kind enough to give us a free round. So I went back with the same mate for that second round. Then played it with 2 other mates on a different day.

I didn't like the course. Nothing to like about it really.